Yuletide Event Discussion

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Yuletide Event Discussion

Postby Benathorn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:07 am

-Silverport's Festival of Lights-

Welcome to Silverport's annual Festival of Lights!

After the arduous events which took place at the Ashmoors, you were taken back to Silverport by a mysterious man by the name of Sorren Corvus and his odd companion, Muzu, the crow you met during the last event. It seems you passed out along the way due to mounting fatigue only to awake to an all too familiar face, and his trusty Sea Serval, Captain Willy and Fiore! You were left with Willy to rest and recuperate from your ordeal, only to be roped once more into helping the Captain collect glass shards that he needs to make the floating orbs of glass for the Festival of Lights. You might as well get the bandages and ointment ready, you're going to need them if you have to face the rune dragon Azara once more...

---

You are welcome to post and discuss the event here, especially if you find anything special! We hope you all will enjoy Eldemore's Yuletide event once more as you sit back and relax in Silverport for the festivities! We can't thank you all enough for you constant support that has helped us to reach this far, nor could we ever thank the staff and artists for everything they do to help make this happen. We hope all of you enjoy this holiday season with friends and loved ones while also dropping by Silverport once more to enjoy the Festival of Lights! <3

-PAST EVENT CUTSCENES THREAD-
If you'd like a refresher of past events, or if you are new and were not able to participate in them, you can find a very helpful and detailed user-made guide HERE.

Thread Rules:
    -Please do not spam the thread and always try your best to remain on topic.

-Be kind and courteous to everyone! Everyone has a right to their opinions but there is a big difference between an honest opinion and just being plain rude. Artists are people too, and we have a zero tolerance policy for any sort of harsh critique or bashing of someone's work simply because you do not appreciate the design. This goes for the event scenes and art as well.

-Please report to an admin or mod if any arguments start! Do not try to stop it yourself, our staff works hard to make sure we nip these things in the bud real quick.

-Please do not request trades or resort to begging for event pets on this thread. All trade talk can be discussed through PM's/ Specified Threads/ or the Yuletide Trading Post.

How to Play:
    To begin, click on the "Explore" tab at the top of the page in the red bar. This will take you to a world map that is fairly bare and unexplored, save for a few locations. Towards the middle right corner of the continent you will see a small location with the symbol of an anchor. Hovering over this will give you a quick description of the place you are about to enter. Be sure to click and explore the area, visit the lighthouse to brave Azara the Rune Dragon, and meet up with Captain Willy and Fiore again to help with the Festival of Lights.

The event tokens can be found by clicking on the lighthouse and facing your old foe, Azara, who has amassed an even greater hoard of those shiny glass shards that you must collect. You will be able to claim a token or special pet once every 15 minutes. Each day Captain Willy will have a new creature available in exchange for a few shards and some new dialog about past events. So be sure to read and enjoy the Festival of Lights while you enjoy Yuletide in Silverport once more!

---

After December 27th the event will officially end. However, you will still be able to collect tokens and turn them in until the 31st of December at 11:59 PM EST, or until you reach your limit. The Yuletide event will end and be completely done with by December 31st at 11:59 PM EST so be sure to turn in your tokens then since they will no longer be usable for the event thereafter! When 2015 hits, your tokens will no longer be of any use to you!

- Explore Silverport HERE-
    - Give tokens to Captain Willy in exchange for pets HERE-
    - Get Tokens from the cranky glass hoarding Rune Dragon, Azara, in the Silverport Lighthouse, HERE-

*Here is a step-by-step tutorial for any new members that might be a little overwhelmed with the event. ~Thank you to Insanity Abyss for putting this together!

Event Tokens:
    Again, you are able to trade tokens with other members for this event. It works the same way as trading pets, except this time you will see a token icon next to the bauble image in your trade. Clicking this will bring down a scroll menu that shows how many tokens you have and how many you wish to trade. Use this feature to trade tokens as you see fit~

(Red Glass Shard)

(Light Blue Glass Shard)

(Pink Glass Shard)

(Dark Purple Glass Shard)

---

Staff Blurb: Hello everyone, Benathorn here! We are happy to bring you another wonderful event for you all to enjoy as we revisit an old port town that many of you know very well from our last Yuletide event. Some things to note, however, is that the scenery style is a bit different this time around. That is because Jendalie is going through a lot right now and could not do a scene for this event like she usually does. Instead, I gave it a go to help out and of course my style for scenery work is nothing like that of my sisters. (It's so flat and doesn't bring the same sort of life! D:)

I usually stick to writing the dialog and helping out with pets, but hopefully you guys can enjoy this event regardless of the change in style this time around. Just thought I would let you guys know since it is bound to be noticed. We can't ever thank you all for your endless support and high expectations for our events, and both the artists and staff worked so hard to bring this to you! So we hope you enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas~
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: Yuletide Event Discussion

Postby KisaWolfz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:05 am

DAT NEW SILVERPORT THOUGH!

That is amazing work!
So beautiful!
KisaWolfz

Postby Mavric » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 am

OH MY GOD THOSE HUSKY DIRES THOUGH
I want them all... All of them ❤️
News from Mavi wrote:I am doing ok, some days it feels hard but I know
I am not alone. I know there is so much more to
Learn and there is so much more to see, so hopefully
life goes better this time, hope is all we've got at
the end of the day. I am always willing to lend an
ear and an open heart to those who need it. We
are all strong in our own way.
we've got this! c:
ImageImageImage
Mavric

Postby Amkorra » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 am

yay yuletide - I had to lough so much XD The intro story is just awesome!

*now to steal some glass shards* again

─────────────────────────────────
My Art
My Characters
Trade Thread
Offsite Trades
Start Trade
Hoarding: new Line Drakes
Always looking for Art

Amkorra

Postby Silverhart » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:07 am

*Squee!* So excited! It was worth staying up late.! Silverport looks gorgeous! Just like a Christmas card! I love Silverport so much! And ahoy there' Cap'n! Did you miss us? XD Of course ye did, ye old sea dog... sea serval... seeker? What?

It's so late. I'm so confused. XD
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Wolfsdrache » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:08 am

It is my first festival of lights here and I already like it after the first token. I am very excited for all the new pets.
If you are going through hell ... keep going. - Winston Churchill -
Wolfsdrache

Postby Spectreselva » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:09 am

Eeeee, festival of liiiigggghhhttttsssss. I was so excited when I say Eld go down. :D
Ultra collection completed 11/16/15

Hoarding:
Emerald zodiac gem rune dragon pygmys
All Carousel Slepneirs
All betta runes

Eldemore trades
Off-Site trades
Spectreselva

Postby Patch » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 am

Silverport looks beautiful! I stayed up pretty late to wait, but it was well worth it! ^^

The cute little rune dragon perched on the roof on the far left and the serval in the alley! Little details like that are so amazing! ♥
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby Lunarsnow » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 am

Ooh Silverport looks lovely! Very nice c:

*rubs hands together* Time to start token collecting.
Lunarsnow

Postby Lailic » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:11 am

Gaaa <333 I love it so far xD You guys do an AMAZING job and those husky dires.. I feel a hoard coming on already!! xD I cant wait to see what all you guys have in store for us!! xD
Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Next

Return to Eldemore Discussion