Event Cutscenes--Please don't post!

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Event Cutscenes--Please don't post!

Postby kiel » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:44 pm

-Event Cutscenes-

New thread run by the wonderful Scar and scmarshtacky!
      Thanks so much Eldemore for the two years i've been able to run this thread, but as of 2016 my time's been far too limited to keep it fully updated; see you all in late 2018 :P
      (couldn't help that random speech LOL)

So I thought about how we all probably forgot what the past events' cutscenes and storylines were, so I'd decided to make a thread for recording the cutscenes that we can find, with the help of many other members that have helped piece together these stories!

This is here as a record of past events, and in case a future event happens to mention a past happening, well this is the place to look for those storylines!

Each event will be updated into the current standard format. The colors for each event do not represent anything; they are just chosen to reflect the background of each particular scene.

We have, I believe, all of the cutscenes. But if you have others that you find/saved, feel free to PM them to me and I'll add that to the thread ^^

Any help is appreciated, especially with the Halloween and Mystic Glade events' dialogue as I am usually only able to go through about half of each Q&A section before the event ends -- thank you!

Enjoy reliving Eldemore's intricate history and amazing lore! [Q&A's may be found in the following post(s)]

If any details were wrong, please PM me about it so I can fix it =)

*1: The earliest events have not been fully documented as they ended before the creation of this guide
      *2: The Yuletide event of 2015 was delayed until January 2016 due to the release of the Eldsona system

This post will be cleaned up in between each event as I find time to go through the thread.

For us tireless scribes :'D
      EVENT HEADER
      Code: Select all
      [center][size=200][color for the event][u][b]Title Here[/b][/u][/color][/size]

[img]Scene image[/img]

-Extra Images-
      [url=URL HERE]Any extra event images here[/url][/center]

[list][b]INTRODUCTION CUTSCENE:[/b]

Start of the intro scene
      ------------------------------------------------
      [b]Remember to bold all the sections (ex. "Stealing from Azara" for Yuletide Events)[/b]

EVENT Q&A
      Code: Select all
      [center][color=#0040BF][size=150][b]-_____ Q&A[/b][/size][/color]
      [img]NPC image here[/img]
      [i][b][size=125]Text above the questions here[/size][/center]
      [/b]
      [/i]
      [list]
      [i][b]QUESTION HERE
      [/b]
      [list]ANSWER HERE[/list][/i]
      ------------------------------------------------

[/list]
Last edited by kiel on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:31 am, edited 19 times in total.
kiel

All Hallows' Eve---2013

Postby kiel » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:57 pm

-The Flickering Vales-

-Extra Images-
Last Day Scene
Stump

Pets
      POE Otterlings:
      The power within this stone calls to you, but to obtain the gifts of the Vale, a sacrifice is required...a candy sacrifice.

Wisp Rune Drakes:
      Through the lightning, you catch the visage of a large egg, but you still can't reach it. The power within the Vale demands more candy.

Cursed Dire Wolf:
      From the light and crackle of the stone, you hear a sad wimper. Surely you will give up a tiny bit of your candy to free this sad pup's soul from the Vale

Hallow Rune Dragon:
      Within the newly glowing stone, you see a vibrant orange flare. The very spirit
      of All Hallow's Eve calls to you.

Grim Rune Dragon:
      The energy within this stone is not as innocent as the others. This one exudes mischievous and malign will. Eyes like a burning moon glare back at you. Will you free this soul from its prison?

Grave Keeper Ancient:
      Finally, the Vale has opened to completion. The moon has reached its peak, and All Hallow's Eve is upon us.
      From within the spiritual gateway, a great and terrible power resonates. A voice echoes
      forth, "Bring me candy, and I shall grant you power!"

Token Stuff:
      Limit Hit:
      A voice within the stump hisses at you, [i]You have taken all 250 pieces of my candy! There is no more left for you here! Leave me now.

Found Item:
      You have found something!

Found Pet:
      You have found a rare creature! You use your candy to lure the creature to your Homestead.

Waiting:
      There is nothing here. Perhaps you should come back in 15 minutes.[/i]

After event, in the clearing

"Here lies an old stump, all that remains of a once great tree."
Last edited by kiel on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:48 am, edited 7 times in total.
kiel

Festival of Lights--2013

Postby kiel » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:22 pm

-Silverport-

Yuletide 2013 ; Silverport is unlocked ; Azara the Rune Dragon, Captain Willy and his Sea Serval Fiore are introduced

Azara has been stealing shards from Captain Willy's glass shop and it's up to the Eldemorians to get them back. They face peril at Azara's nasty claws, but in exchange for their hard efforts, they earn pets in exchange for the shards.

Collecting tokens:

Azara[1] Lines: You look back and forth, Azara seems to be away stealing more shiny things. You anxiously approach the bush at the base of the lamp post. Quickly, you nab a shard from the pile. As you frantically scurry away, you realize you should've taken a handful, or at least brought a bag or something."

Before the 15-minute time limit is over:

You approach the hoard, not seeing Azara anywhere. Suddenly, you hear a screech like a banshee, and she descends upon you, scratching and clawing. Maybe you should come back later.

OR:

You approach the lamp post, when you hear a distinct hiss from the dragon above...maybe you should return when she's not looking.

OR:
    Just when you think everything's clear, you move in to the pile. Suddenly, Tiddly Winks[2] dives in with a battle cry, and rampantly begins scratching at you with her mighty (little) talons. Azara swoops in below and begins pecking at your ankles. What tragic horror! Tiddly Winks and Azara have joined forces against you! Surely this is the end of days!!"

Token Collecting:

"You run away from the fray with burning scratches all over. You begin to wonder if this is even worth it. But deep down you know you will come back and do it all over again.

With trepidation, you approach the hoard. Just then, you see a miniature catapult hidden behind the bush. Tiddly Winks pokes her head out from behind, and with a mean glare, lets it rip. A shard of glass is catapulted straight towards you!...before falling flat at your feet. You decide to take it and run.

When you hit the 300 token limit:

Upon approaching the lamp post, Azara hisses at you wildly. She knows you have been stealing from her hoard. She will not let you take any more of her shiny treasure.

After the token-collecting:

Looks like Azara's Hoard has been picked clean! It's as if hundreds of other people have been taking pieces from it too. Perhaps you weren't the only one Captain Willy enlisted for help...

Captain Willy[3] Lines: "Once, when I was traveling much farther west in this land, I came upon this eerie clearing in a forest. Five large stones were gathered around a single tall one. Legend called this place the Vale. 'Twas said to be a gateway to a dark and distorted world from which you can never return. Probably just an old rune's tale though. All I found was a lousy stump."

"You ever been to the Oriental Isles? I was there early last spring; place has unsurpassed beauty. They were havin' some kind of festival during that time, has something to do with the cherry blossom trees that grow there. Don't think they'll let me come back though...kind of a long story. Did I ever tell you that I was a pirate?"

A few short years ago, I was doing a job right here in Silverport[4]. Wasn't exactly what I do now mind you, so there was a bit more...risk involved. I'd lost some good men in the process, and I was being chased by a lot of other men who really wanted me dead. And just when I thought I was at the end of the line, a strange man came to my aid. He had black hair, with silver tips. Wore a red blindfold, but fought like a demon! Afterwards, he spoke to me. He seemed to know a lot about my past. So I asked him, 'How can you fight so well if you're blind?' He simply replied, 'I can see just fine. It's everyone else who's blind.' Then I asked him 'what' he was, and he just said 'I am what has passed.' I know, I must sound like a loon, but I swear by it. I wouldn't be sittin' here today otherwise, much less living in this town. Never saw him again though..."

"You act like you've never seen a sea serval[5] before. What? You haven't?! Well Fiore may be one of a kind, but there are certainly a good many sea servals in Eldemore. They just don't like humans as much as most other creatures; tend to keep to themselves. Unless you're anything like me and don't necessarily 'own' everything you have. They tend to be attracted to the 'thieving' type. Can't go breaking into the governor's mansion without a sea serval, right?! But I'm sure you'll come across one someday. One may even take a liking to you."

Captain Willie gives you a necklace which becomes an ancient:
    "Fiore and I wanted you to have this. My blind friend gave it to me in my time of need, so perhaps it will help you too. Consider it my thanks for saving my business. I see you've sustained your fair share of scratches from those greedy little runes, so it's the least I can do. Besides, I think you're in need of it more than I. Perhaps it can help you with your past as well.

Feel free to keep bringing me glass until the new year. I still have plenty of gifts here, and I could always use a good stockpile for the coming months. So perhaps our paths will cross again..."

At the end of the Yuletide:
    Before you lies Silverport! Here, the Festival of Lights is held annually around winter time. Above, small lanterns still burn against the night sky. The glass shop appears to be closed. The colorful rune dragon Azara is still perched on her lamp post, now looking sad.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1: Azara A sneaky rune dragon that has been stealing from Captain Willy's glass shop.
    2: Tiddly Winks Rune dragon; Azara's daughter
    3: Captain Willy A pirate adventurer of Eldemore that now owns a glass shop
    4: Silverport Location where the annual Festival of Lights takes place
Last edited by kiel on Sun May 29, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
kiel

Cherry Blossom Festival--2014

Postby kiel » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:34 pm

-The Oriental Isles-
-Extra Images-
Shrine
Shrine Maiden

Tokens:
      No more:
      There is no offering piece to be found. The stump glares at you, as you stare back at it, and you suddenly understand...there are no more offering pieces.

Found:
      You find an offering piece upon the odd stump, and collect it.

Found Creature:
      How lucky! You find a beautiful creature sitting upon the stump. You immediately pluck it up, and call it your own.

Waiting:
      The stump bears no items for you, but then again, it's a stump. Perhaps if you close your eyes for 15 minutes and open them, something will appear.

After event:
      You hear ancient whispers of untold wisdom and truth come from the stump...but it's too quiet for you to hear. Oh well!

Dialogues

Dialogue 1:
      A woman materializes before you, floating in front of the tree. Her appearance is white, and she speaks to you in a mythical tone:

"You are not like the others of my land...I sense you have come from far away, perhaps you are the one I have waited for. The people of these isles have forgotten me. None have come to my shrine for quite some time, and my strength grows weak. Would you bring offerings to the shrine? White peaches, burning incense, flaming candles, or pouches of baubles are acceptable."

If my power grows, so will the life of this land. Perhaps the creatures that inhabit it will find favor with you for helping me."

Dialogue 2:
      "I greatly appreciate you going out of your way to assist me. The people of this land have forgotten what the Cherry Blossom festivities are really about. It was centered around bringing life back to the land after winter has passed. The people would bring offerings to my shrine as a way of connecting with me, and the land they live and thrive upon. I am connected to the land, and it to me. It was always my connection to the people that replenished my strength, but over the centuries, their ways have changed. Many say I am a myth now, which brings me sadness..."

Dialogue 3:
      "Over time, there have been others like yourself who have come to my aid. That is likely why I still have a presence in this land. The people are not entirely to blame, for there are other forces that would see me thwarted, and this land brought to ruin."

Dialogue 4:
      "Perhaps if you revisit the isles, you will meet my sister. She plays an entirely different role from me, but is just as important to the prosperity of this land."

Final:
      "I must thank you again for coming to my aid. Without you, this land would have continued to wither, and I along with it. This place may seem beautiful to you, but it is only a fraction of the beauty and life that it once held. Perhaps now that I have regained my strength, things can begin to turn around here.

I appeared to you because you had something that many people of this time do not...faith. I hope you would hold on to that trait, for it is a precious one. I will leave you with a piece of my spirit, so that a bit of me may accompany you on your journeys.

I shall also be grateful for any more offerings you bring to my shrine, and so too would the creatures. I also see that the traveling stump has assisted you with this quest. Thanks are due to him as well.

What? You didn't know stumps could walk in Eldemore? Oh my! Have you been living under a chatter rock all your life?"

Hidden:
      You are seeing some very weird things. You probably shouldn't have eaten those colorful berries.
Last edited by kiel on Sun May 29, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
kiel

Anniversary Event--2014

Postby kiel » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:36 pm

-The Mystic Glade-

-Extra Images-
Seraphina's Caravan

Caravan Interior:
      "Hello young traveler. I am Seraphina. Ah, so you are in need of direction. Many a traveler has been lost to these woods before, but I will help you...if you help me. I sense that you have a special gift, the gift of stump charming. You see, that stump out there has never really liked me. I feel that you would stand a better chance with it. Bring me its magical trinkets, and I will help you to escape from this place."
      "Has anyone told you the legend behind these woods? The way I've heard it, there's a young Ancient who calls this woodland home. You see, when Alabaster City was just blossoming to the north, more and more humans began to hunt and poach in these woods. This was when he began to despise and distrust mankind, so any who would come into the forest would fall victim to his strong illusory powers. To this day, most people wouldn't dare walk into the forest, but I get the feeling you're not from around here."
      "You humans are such anomalous creatures..."
      "You may have noticed the sea serval back there. She has been watching you with particular interest. You see, I gave her to a glass smith in Silverport when I had this crystal ball made. However, she still comes and visits me from time to time. She always knows exactly where to find me."
      The Q&A session you have with Seraphina at the end of the event, when she gives you the Illusion Ancient.

Q&A:
        Q:"I have some good news for you. But first, I would like to ask you something. Fear not, your answers will not effect what I have for you."
        A:Alright
        Q:"Why were you traveling through this forest?"
        A:
          I wanted to see the creatures of the forest
          I was trying to help a friend
          I was searching for riches and power
          I was seeking redemption
          I have my reasons
        Q:"I see then. I have another question."
        A:Ok
        Q:"Above all, what do you believe in?"
        A:
          1)What I can see with my own eyes
          2)A higher power
          3)Pure luck
          4)Fate, everything happens for a reason
          5)My own strength
          6)The loyalty of my friends
        If 1)
          Q:"I see, so you believe in facts. Believe in only what you see, and you will never accept a fallacy, so long as your eyes tell you the truth..."
          A:
          I guess so
          Actually, I believe in something else
        If 2)
          Q:"I see, so you believe in a higher power. Faith is a beautiful and powerful thing, but if misplaced, can lead to Oblivion..."
          A:
          I guess so
        If 3)
          Q:"I see, so you believe in chance. If harm befalls you, bad luck is only to blame..."
          A:
          I guess so
        If 4)
          Q:"I see, so you believe in fate. If misfortune befalls you, there is a reason. Everything works to paint a bigger picture..."
          A:
          I guess so
        If 5)
          Q:"I see, so you believe in your own strength. If you fail, you have only yourself to blame..."
          A:
          I guess so
        If 6)
          Q:"I see, you believe in your companions. So if you become lost, you place your faith in another to come find you..."
          A:
          I guess so
        Next:
        Q:"I see, I will remember that. Please allow me to read your fate."
        A:Alright
      Answer 1 Fate:
        Q:"I see dark times coming. You will face things you have never seen before, and behold things you never knew existed. You may be lied to, and some may try to deceive you, but if you see through the deceptions, rewards await. But be warned, you may need to take a leap of faith to get there."
        A:I see
      Answer 2 Fate:
        Q:"I see dark times coming. Your faith will be tested, as everything around you will tell you your faith is a lie. But hold true to it, and if your faith is strong, you will receive rewards. On the other hand...don't believe everything you are told."
      Answer 3 Fate:
        Q:"I see dark times coming. Your luck will soon be tested. You will roll the dice many times, but the outcome is uncertain. If your luck stays with you, great rewards will await you. Just know that some things happen for a reason, lest you miss the bigger picture of life."
      Answer 4 Fate:
        Q:"I see dark times coming. Your fate is certain, but your destiny is not easy to reach. It is much easier to run away from destiny than to accept it, but if you stay the course and weather the storm, you will get there, and be rewarded. Just know that not everything must happen for a reason..."
      Answer 5 Fate:
        Q:"I see dark times coming. Your strength will soon be tested. If you are prepared for the challenges ahead, then rewards await you, but if your strength fails, you will receive ruin. You may find better chances if you rely on the strength of others as well."
      Answer 6 Fate:
        Q:"I see dark times coming. The loyalties of your friends will soon be tested. If they stand by your side, you will find rewards. If your companions falter, then ruin awaits. Prepare yourself as well, and be strong on your own."
    Final:
      Q:
      "The Ancient of this forest has decided to accompany you. Because he has watched you gain the favor of the woodland creatures, and has found your intentions to be pure, he will show you the way out of these woods. Perhaps you will even show him the good side of humans. Thank you again for your assistance in bringing me these magical items. They are of great help. I'm sure our paths will cross again soon, young traveler."
      A:Thank you
Last edited by kiel on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
kiel

All Hallows' Eve---2014

Postby kiel » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:29 am

From Benathorn's Event Discussion thread:
-The Ashmoors-

Oblivion/ Sullivan Image 1
Oblivion/ Sullivan Image 2
Oblivion/ Sullivan Image 3

Beginning of event cutscene--

Searching out the source of the unnatural siphoning of magic, you are inevitably drawn to a dark and forbidden land you know to be the Ashmoors. All around, clouds of dust and ash whip about in the distance in a chaotic mass. The air stings your eyes, but you persevere, unable to turn back due to some unknown force which seemingly drags you onward against your will. There, in the distance stands a single monument that pierces the landscape and stains this world of grey with a stark black. (Next)

-------------------------------------------

The Obsidian Gates:

You have heard tell of these forbidden doors, and now the cold stone, with its chains of malice and steel, pull you in.(Next)

You hear a voice call out to you from beyond the gate. As you move closer, the figure of a weary man materializes before you.(Next)

"Thank the Ancients, someone has arrived...I've been waiting so long for someone to come to these lands, yet none have answered my call...until now."

Who are you? What is this place?

"My name's Sullivan, and you've come very far to not know the place you stand in traveler, but I suppose I should not be picky with the situation at hand. You are in the forbidden lands, the Ashmoors. I am the guardian of the Obsidian Gates...I presume you've heard the tales of this place? However, time is of the essence, and we have precious moments left which must be used wisely. Please, I need your aid."(Next)

"There is a great darkness that is sealed within these gates, but recently the magic I use to keep it contained has been waning, and so too have the chains which hold the darkness at bay. You've felt it, haven't you? The magic draining all around us...these gates will soon burst open if we don't stop it, but I am currently spent from my struggle and have little strength to do so myself. This is where you'll come in, yes? Please, traveler, will you help me keep the chains on this gate closed? If not, then we are all surely doomed to Oblivion[1]..."
I suppose I don't have much of a choice with stakes like that.

"So you'll help me? Really? Thank you...you don't know how much I am in your debt traveler. Already I am beginning to fade from this world, but with your help, you and I can fix this great wrong. Do you see the stump over there? I have no idea why such a thing has traveled across the sea and through barren lands, but I feel that it shares a connection with you. To gain the friendship of a stump is quite the feat.

Gather the stones with rune marks carved into their surface. Such stones were once used in an age long past. A small but very potent bit of magic still remains within their core. If we can accumulate enough of them, perhaps I can gather my strength once more to seal this gate for eternity. Of course, I'll offer you what little I can in return. Though this place is quite empty, there are creatures that I can summon from the ash, who come from ancient times..."

After the main part of the event--

"Ah, there you are! Look, my friend, we finally did it! All the seals have returned to the doors and so too has my magic. I can barely believe it myself, without your aid none of this would have been made possible..."(Next)

"I mean reallly, NONE of this could have happened without your oh so cooperative, blindly devoted help. This is why humans are my favorite creatures. So perfectly destructive...so--ah what's the word again? Predictable..."(Next)

You watch with wide eyes as Sullivan's once soft and gentle smile cracks into a wicked grin. The man's eyes, so innocent at first, now only hold an unending darkness as they change into crimson red pools of unbridled glee. The ground beneath your feet begins to shudder with anticipation and the sound of chains rattling against cold steel echo sharply as the Obsidian Gates begin to heave.

Over and over, the doors bang against their chains as Sullivan simply laughs hystarically[hysterically] over your now toppled form that braces against the shaking, craked[cracked] earth. All you can do is watch with utter horror as the Obsidian Gates, the doors which were to remain sealed for an enterinty(eternity), now burst open--a great beastial roar escaping from its hellish depths while darkness bleeds out all around you.(Next)

"Hahaa--oh, finally! Seraphina[2] thought she could imprision(imprison) me here till the end of time?

I AM OBLIVION, THE ANCIENT OF DARKNESS AND HARBRINGER OF THE END, AND NO MANNER OF MAGIC NOR CHAINS CAN HOLD ME!

My twin sister was a fool to think I would just sit here and rot in this prison. Oh but you, when I saw you, I knew you'd be the one to open these forbidden doors..."(Next)

"Did that Ancient of Fate[3]--that fortune teller who likes to hide behind human skin--tell you your fate, traveler? It matters not, all that matters now is that I am finally free, and Eldemore shall once again taste the ashes of death as its magic and life are torn away from these wretched lands."(Next)

"Hmm, but you seem confused, just gawking there like that...perhaps a demonstration of the power you helped unleash shall wipe that disgusting look off your face..."
"Let's use your little stump friend[4] there for target practice. It's not really a stump, but what would you know of this creature? Honestly, I thought I had destroyed these things during my first regin(reign), but apparently I missed one. Now it loyally latches on to you...how nice, but ultimately a pathetic attempt..."(Next)

Sullivan turns with a devilish grin before lifting his hand towards the only friend who's followed you for so long. Dark tendrils fly from his fingertips as black magic licks the air like a dark flame, hissing swiftly towards their intended target. The crow, dubbed Muzu, tries to attack the man's face in a vain attempt to stop his assualt[assault], but fails as the black fire darts past the bird and eats hungrily away at the peice[piece] of wood, turning its bark into a pile of charred ash within seconds.
All you can do is watch in petrified silence as Sullivan gives you a sickingly sweet smile, his demonstration complete. He enjoys the look on your face for a moment before disapearing[disappearing] into the open doorway of the Obsidian Gates. A new terror now grips your soul as the once skinny form of the man evaporates into a massive serpintine[serpentine]body. The deep red void within the gates can barely contain the creature's girth as it writhes to slowly free itself from its imprisionment[imprisonment]. With one final earth-shattering roar, the Ancient bursts forth in a massive dark blur. All you can see is darkness as you duck and cover, the behemoth flying past with eight wings and four red eyes, its long body blotting out the sky for but a moment before it disapears[disappears] into the ash-filled skies:(Next)

The Ancient of Oblivion is finally free...(Next)

You see a figure approach slowly in the distance. You wonder if they are friend or foe, as you watch Muzu fly back and forth between the two of you happily. It seems you will know soon enough...

[1]: Oblivion The Ancient of Darkness [Sullivan]
[2]: Seraphina See Ancient of Fate; Oblivion's twin sister
[3]: Ancient of Fate The fortune-teller in the caravan at the Mystic Glade during that event
[4]: Stump Friend Steve the Stump, whom we first met at the Secret Clearing during the very first event.
Last edited by kiel on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
kiel

Yuletide-Festival of Lights---2014-2015

Postby kiel » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Yuletide 2014

INTRODUCTION CUTSCENE:

"C'mon you, rise and shine already!"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Captain Willy: "Hey, I see you're finally up! You've been sleepin' for days ever since Sorren brought ya back from Ancients know where. Welcome back to Silverport...again! Fiore and I have certainly missed you."
You: Wait, how did I get here?
Captain Willy: "An old childhood friend of mine by the name of Sorren Corvus brought ya back here. The guy's a real stickler for details of course, always has been, but the two of you were covered head to toe in ash for some reason, and you were passed out like a sleepin' log in his arms -- said you were really heavy and that you needed rest to get feelin' better. Something about going through a tough ordeal with some...fancy doors?"
You: *Ignores everything else he just said and focuses on important facts* I'm not that heavy!
Captain Willy: "Ha! No, of course ya aren't, my friend...I say that all the time to him myself. Anyways, imagine my surprise when he brought you of all people, back here all passed out like that? Lucky for you, Sorren brought you back during Silverport's Yuletide festivities! Bet that brings back some fond memories, eh?"
You: *Mumbles* Yeah, lots of painful memories “ Where is this Sorren, anyway?
Captain Willy: "He left for Alabaster city as soon as he dropped you off. Said he had to report something important, and also fetch you some medicine to help heal your wounds, but don't worry, he'll be back to fetch ya soon I'm sure -- the guy was pretty reluctant to leave you with me for some reason. Can you believe it? Me, the most responsible person a dear friend and/or Serval could ask for?!
Well anyways, while you're waitin' and recuperatin', how about you help me with a little favor?"
You: A favor? Oh, no, I know what that means
Captain Willy: "Oh come on, don't be like that during the cheery holiday season of giving and receiving. Now, I know Sorren specifically instructed me that you were to rest when he brought you in here, all princess carryin' styled and all that, BUT, perhaps you'd like to participate in the festivities this time around...by helpin' me and Fiore of course!"
You: I knew it! If it has anything to do with glass hoarding rune dragons that try to eat my face, then forget it!
Captain Willy: "No no no, nothin like that. It specifically has to do with ONE glass hoarding rune dragon that has a very serious vendetta against me and my humble glass makin' business. The thing has gone completely rogue, and has now amassed a huge hoard at the top of the Silverport lighthouse. You know the Festival of Lights can't go on without my amazing glass smithing, right? Now is when I make my money for the year! Plus I've been takin' such good care of ya...so far..."
You: (-_-")
"So help a dashing, retired captain and his poor, beautiful serval out? Please? I'll give ya some cute little critters that need a home with a caring and kind individual like yourself. You like cute critters, right?"
You: Fine! *Doing it for the pets. Doing it for the pets. Just keep reminding yourself that you're doing it for the pets!!!*
"So how's your time with that manic, glass-hoarding rune and her evil-lighthouse-lair been? I see you've got some complimentary scratches on your face, arms, hands, and legs. Hey, no need for the scowling! Scars give you character. Now get back out there and show me what you've got! Remember, this is how you rest and recuperate in Willy's book ~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GATHERING SHARDS:
Succeeding;

"You finally make it up those hundreds of spiraling steps to the top of the lighthouse, all the while your nerves are on edge for what is to come. Just a few feet before you is that infamous rune dragon with her massive hoard of glass shards, eyes glaring with intense malice at a familiar foe. You give a hefty battle cry, dash forward, snatch a shard, and run down the steps like a frightened ninny while Azara screeches and attacks you relentlessly all the way down...the suppressed and painful memories are starting to come back now..."

"Azara hugs the precious, shiny hoard of glass close to her body as she watches you approach. A deep, threatening hiss escapes as a single warning. She remembers you all too well. But suddenly you stop, drop, and roll towards the hoard, plucking a glass shard from the pile as the bewildered Rune Dragon watches your odd behavior. You roll back and haphazardly topple down the stairs. Hey, it worked! Good thing no one was around to see how low you've fallen."

Adopting a Pile Pet[2];

"Oh thank the Ancients, Azara is not here this time! Instead you see a rare pet made entirely of snow peer around the hoard pile at you. This is way better than painful scratches!"

Failure;

"Looks like Azara is on full alert at the moment, watching the perimeter very carefully for your glass thievery. Just as well, you need time to bandage up your wounds before you head back into the fray. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTERING THE WICKED SERVAL[1]

"I wonder why that crow Muzu is hanging around outside the house? Never saw that odd bird leave Sorren's side unless it was important. Well, at least he gets along with Fiore[3] just fine. But the thing's got an obsession with rollin' in stuff. If you see a lot of snow fallin' from the roof it's because that crow's out there doing his usual...thing."

Covered in ash and all this talk of ancient doors, even the Crows are getting worried as of late. Guess Seraphena was right after all...huh? Oh, don't mind me. Just mumbling to myself about important details. Don't you have some shard collectin' to do with that crazy glass hoarding rune?

"What? Oh, so you finally noticed I moved my shop then did you? Well actually, this is Sorren's place. I'm just over here to look after ya till he gets back. But of course, a humble glassmith like myself can't just go and drop everything, even if an old friend asks, you know? So I took my sign, replaced the door, rearranged the furniture, and moved my stuff in here to set up shop near the lighthouse. Great view by the way, I'm sure he won't mind -- I do this more often than ya think!"

"What? You want to know how Sorren and I met? Well we grew up on the streets of course! Silverport is actually where we first ran into each other during the Yuletide festivities. We each gave the other some lovely facial scars back then, just to show how much we cared. They say if you give a scar to a close friend, then the two of you will be best buds for life! Boy, that's a funny tale, but perhaps for another time.

Oh come now, don't give me that face, it wasn't all bad. Lots of kids grow up without parents due to something or other these days, but Sorren and I were lucky because we could watch each other's backs...that, and it pays to have a friend who's good at, um, borrowing things from around town. Wouldn't you know that's how we first started our lucrative and profitable careers in pirating? Ah good times, good times..."

" 'What? You want to know how Sorren and I met? Well we grew up on the streets of course! Silverport is actually where we first ran into each other during the Yuletide festivities. We each gave the other some lovely facial scars back then, just to show how much we cared. They say if you give a scar to a close friend, then the two of you will be best buds for life! Boy, that's a funny tale, but perhaps for another time.

Oh come now, don't give me that face, it wasn't all bad. Lots of kids grow up without parents due to something or other these days, but Sorren and I were lucky because we could watch each other's backs...that, and it pays to have a friend who's good at, um, borrowing things from around town. Wouldn't you know that's how we first started our lucrative and profitable careers in pirating? Ah good times, good times...' "

ENTERING SILVERPORT:

This port town glitters with the Yuletide lights that it is known for. All the while, snow drifts softly from the skies. This place certainly helps you forget for a moment the ordeals from the Ashmoors, even if that glass-hoarding rune could give Oblivion himself a run for his baubles...'

You notice Fiore near one of the alleyways next to Willy's new abode, giving you a knowing glance, and what appears to be a sly feline smile. Wait -- didn't you also see her with Seraphina when you were lost in the woods? That cat certainly gets around...

You find yourself back in Silverport, the bustling port town where the Festival of Lights takes place every year. The town is lit up with tiny lights strewn across the street lamps, and majestic floating lanterns hover above. There is a tall lighthouse across the water where, as you have been told, Azara has taken up residence, along with her hoard of precious glass shards.

TOWARDS THE END OF THE EVENT:

Looks like the Festival of Lights is finally starting to wind down once more my friend. Thanks again for all your hard work with the glass shards and befriending that...charming rune dragon, Azara. I bet you two are closer than ever now, right?

Just as well, I suppose. I actually just received a letter from our local messenger rune. It's from Sorren, and it looks like something serious has come up, so there be a change in plans. Apparently, people from the other four races are starting to fall ill, except for us humans. What's more, it was reported that some of our bonded companions went completely berserk before...well, it got violent.

Look, I know not what exactly happened at the Ashmoors with you -- and yes, I know about all that -- but the Watch Crows are apparently taking custody of you now, and both Sorren and myself have been fighting on your behalf, Sorren especially. The guy went to Alabaster City to plead your case so you aren't taken away for messin' around with fancy doors. I don't know how well it's going, but I've already got your Sleipner tacked and ready in the back. You ought to leave tonight, as soon as possible. Big Al will take care of you since he knows the way, and you can count on Muzu to keep watch and make sure you arrive there safely.

Hey now, why do you look so surprised and confused?! I may be a humble glass smith, but I've got my connections! I know a lot is happening pretty fast, but the Crows probably just want to hear your side of the story is all. They may seem intimidating at first, but without them, Eldemore would sure be a lot bleaker of a place. Plus, you've got Sorren there. You'll be in, uh, relatively good hands. What? Am I a part of the Crows? Oh yeah, did I not mention that? Ha, well I guess it slipped my mind!

INTERACTION WITH THE ANCIENT OF PAST:

You traverse the hundreds of steps to reach the top of the lighthouse, a feat that you've preformed many times these past few nights due to your struggles with the glass hoarding rune dragon, Azara. However, this time you feel as if something is different. The air is not tinged with that usual foreboding presence that you've associated with pain and stinging scratches, but instead seems almost calm and lively.

You reach the top to see the once massive hoard of glass now merely reduced to a small and dwindling pile scattered about in your previous frantic attempts to obtain them, their fierce guardian nowhere to be seen...

Next...

"So it was you and that rune dragon who made such a mess of this place."

You turn sharply about, searching for the source of the feminine voice, only to then see a large, lithe form uncurl itself from behind the middle light structure within the room. Your eyes become fastened on this entity's ever-changing form, however, as she steps into the light, her golden predatory eyes narrow in suspicion while also examining you.

Next...

"You're the one Seraphina told me about? The Sealer? The individual who opened the Obsidian Gates?"

For a moment, you are left speechless. It feels as if you're being interrogated by this great creature, but what's more, you are stricken silent by how her form seems to constantly keep changing. One moment she has the tail of a prong fox and the flank of a newborn elkrin fawn, only to then have it immediately consumed into a different form, as she suddenly sprouts large, aging, ivory antlers and young, soft, brown doe eyes. Young to old, predator to prey, though she keeps changing, she somehow remains the same in physical appearance to your mind.

"Clearly, you also have no manners, for someone who has just unleashed such untold calamity upon this realm."

Though the Ancient's voice seems chastising, her now canine-like jaws split into a wicked smile, which is certainly an unsettling image. Her once young voice now grows deep and rasped...

Next...

"You have no idea what you've actually done yet, have you? Do you believe that Oblivion was the only thing sealed away behind those blackened doors that you so carelessly thrust opened? Well, something just as terrifying as he now seeps out from the Ashmoors. An old sickness thought lost, a disease that slowly chokes the magic from these lands and its inhabitants. Like a festering wound, it now spreads, and already some are starting to fall ill...except for you humans of course. Oblivion's curse can not harm those who do not themselves possess magic."

You finally seem to regain your composure as the Ancient speaks of that familiar dreaded place. For a moment, you had almost allowed yourself to forget what had transpired there, but you are only more confused now rather than informed.

"Sickness? What are you talking about? Who are you, anyway?"

The Ancient seems to hiss in detest at your ignorance with fox-like fangs bared in a threatening manner, only to then suddenly have her predatory features soften and change, as large fawn ears lay back in resound recognition.

"I am the Ancient of Present, but some have called me Verdandi - that which has happened, or is in the making. An old name used in your lore and fables, but what you decide to call me is of little concern, honestly.

Just understand this, at the very least - your actions at the Ashmoors have far more drastic consequences than you fully understand. All of the Ancients can already feel what is to come, and the other races will soon notice this as well. A great darkness is about to cover these lands, and what follows is only suffering and pain. Though you may not fully understand what this means at the moment, I'm sure things will become clear to you quite soon."

Next...

"Enjoy your time here. Partake in this town's festivities, and be merry while you have this precious moment of peace. Live for the Present, because the Future is not as kind, nor as straightforward as I..."

You feel a foreboding chill travel up your spine as she says those last few words. It was as if the future itself were an entity that were coming for you...coming to judge you for your actions. Whatever the future may have in store for you, you decide to take the Ancient of Present's advice and enjoy your time here in Silverport, while you are still able.

(Obtained the Ancient)

[1]: The Wicked Serval Captain Willy's shop
[2]: Pile Pet A pet obtained when you visit Azara's Glass Shard Hoard
[3]: Fiore Captain Willy's sea serval companion
[4]: Verdandi The Ancient of Past you speak with in the Lighthouse at the end of the event
Last edited by kiel on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
kiel

Spring 2015--Alabaster City

Postby kiel » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:43 pm

-Alabaster City-

Sorren Image 1

Start scene :

Though darkness still slowly covers the land's edge, you ride steadily onward to Alabaster City, ever following the black dot that is Muzu's outline; the crow leads you silently to your destination. The city itself is in the distance, white walls acting as a beacon to call you within its protective embrace.

----------------------------------------------

Finally, you reach the renowned city spoken of all across the realm.

Finally reaching the white walls of alabaster stone, you walk through the large, opened gates that eventually lead you into the outskirts of the city's commerce district. The buildings here vary in size and hue, their lights emanating a soft, warm glow as twilight slowly curtains the landscape in the distance.

You watch as Muzu suddenly lands upon a fence railing, his caws of delight seemingly signal to you that you have reached your destination at last, all the while small flickers of Fire flower glasswork dragons zip to-and-fro as they set the city's lamps aflame, illuminating the way for the oncoming night.

Just before you stands a small and modest cottage home with a simple red roof. A number of crows seem to fly in and out of its sturdy structure through an opened window, beckoning you toward the abode, as you tentatively follow in their black feathered wake.

It has been a long journey to get here, but you have arrived frustrated and weary, mainly because Muzu seemed to lead you in circles after you left Silverport, and a few times you could have sworn that crow purposefully led you astray just for pure amusement. Thank the Ancients you've finally arrived. Perhaps now you would meet this individual dubbed 'Sorren' that Captain Willy spoke so much about since your rescue from the Ashmoors months ago...

"Well, look who finally decided to show up."

You open the door to reveal a small room within. Standing before you is a tall, slender man with raven black hair pulled back to show sharp features. What you notice almost immediately are this man's two differently colored eyes. Just behind him was the opened window you noticed outside, the many crows that led you here now fluttering about, as they find a perch to peer at your introduction with faint curiosity. The one crow you do know flutters in to alight on his master's shoulder, a mischievous glint to his ever watchful gaze.

"For a while there, I wondered if you'd even come. At least Muzu made sure to lead you here safely, but you're late. I'd advise you to be conscious of the time you waste from now on," the man with the dual colored eyes seems to give you a steady gaze, his voice smooth but abrupt, as he absently chastises you for taking so long to arrive.

"Hey, your bird is the one who led me in circles for months on end. I swear he got us lost on purpose countless times just for the heck of it! And don't get me started on the constant rolling around thing he does," you jump to your own defense as the man simply gives you an unwavering gaze that seems to convey he is unamused. Feeling a bit awkward at the silence you decide to ask a more pertinant question that has been on your mind since you reached this place.

"So anyways...are you the Sorren Corvus that Captain Willy told me about? He said you guys were a part of a secret group called the Watch Crows."

At the end of the event:

"Sorren had told you the night before that today would be the day the Watch Crows would decide your fate. You've spent the last week confined to the city's walls, forbidden to leave, a beautiful prison as it were, and one that you often times forgot was meant to keep you locked in.

You had steadily resolved yourself for the past week, faithfully working alongside Muzu as the odd little crow of Sorren's helped you with your feather collecting task. However, as you approached the Aviary, you feel somewhat hesitant as you begin to realize that what transpires next could potentially not be in your favor, due to your prior actions...

Though you had opened this door a hundred times already during your busy back and forth of feather searching and countless inquiries, you pause as you did when you first came here, only to eventually turn the knob with clear certainty as you head inside."

"Welcome Sealer, glad you you came on schedule this time."

"That familiar, smooth tone with an ever-present sharp edge to it catches your attention as you see Sorren just within, standing as seemingly casual as before while he eyes you with that unreadable dual gaze of his. Muzu appears as if from nowhere before fluttering past you and to his usual perch upon his master's shoulder, his bird-like eyes more piercing now as you could have sworn you saw a brief, magical glint to their usually playful depths.

"Are you prepared for what I have to tell you?" Sorren's voice calmly brings you back from your observations as you slowly give a single nod, not wishing to speak, not knowing if you could speak, awaiting only to hear what Fate has in store for you."

"The Watch Crows have observed you these past few days as you performed your tasks. They believe that you yourself are no threat to the realm...however, I'm afraid they deem you too much of a risk since it is uncertain what Oblivion himself plans to do with you. You, Sealer, are guilty of the charges against you, for bringing darkness upon this realm, for releasing Oblivion, and for also letting loose an old curse that is destroying the lives of hundreds as we speak..."

You don't know what to say. Somehow a part of you knew that this was inevitable. You understood well enough how your actions had so greatly affected the land, the people, and its creatures. You can't help but look away as you feel the fight ebb from you slowly, your shoulders sag from defeat as wait for what is to come next.

"But despite all that...they have decided that instead of simply executing you for your crimes, that it would be better to have you join our ranks. So welcome to the Watch Crows, Sealer."

You are stunned for what seems like a few long, drawn out moments before you remember to breathe. At first, you thought you had a very slim chance of survival, but to be accepted into their Order...THE fabled Order of the Watch Crows spoken of in countless legends and shrouded in mystery. You really did not know what to say to that. However, glancing at Sorren you could see weariness in his usual, sharp features. It seemed like he had perhaps been up all night arguing on your behalf.

You finally work up a response, "I don't know what to say...I'm honored! Also very very confused but -- thank you. I know you and Captain Willie have been fighting on my behalf, and I can't thank you both enough for that..."

Sorren tilts his head slightly in faint amusement of your reaction with a criticizing eye, "If there is anyone you should thank, it should be Seraphina. In the end, they were not going to listen to Will and I, but imagine everyone's surprise last night at our gathering when the 'Fate Weaver' herself arrived unannounced. She was the one who pretty much told them to accept you into our Order instead of going through with the execution. So not only did she vouch for you, Seraphina saved your life. In the end, she gave them little room to argue with her reasoning. She argued that you would ultimately 'be more useful as a Crow than as a dead human,' as she put it."

Sorren gives you little room to interject with your shocked, stuttering exclamations before motioning you towards a back room abruptly. "If you're going to be a part of the Watch Crows, then we need to start the initiation quickly. There isn't much time before you must leave here, but before that, there is something that I am supposed to give you." The tall male swiftly urges you into the shadows, which seem to welcome you into their cool embrace, before being softly driven back by the dim flickers of candlelight. You find yourself in a room filled with crows and nests that spiral up into an opening in the ceiling. Sorren steps lightly over to a few of the nests near the far back as he examines each at a time. The subtle rays of moonlight mix with the soft glow of the candle's flame to illuminate his dark frame before he suddenly stops at one, as if in recognition, before carefully extracting the contents within its woven twigs with a deft and steady grip. He walks back over to you slowly while cradling the object with great care and consideration, before standing before you once more, showing you what is within his grasp.

"This egg was recently conceived by two very special crows who passed away about a week ago alongside their masters. That was on the night you arrived here as well, so I have no doubt that such an event was no mere coincidence. As such, I have taken care of it ever since, but it has refused to hatch. At first I was worried that perhaps it too had perished like its parents, but now, I am certain that this creature belongs to you and you alone." He pauses momentarily as you see what appears to be your average crow egg resting gently in Sorren's palm, "Within our Order, we perform a very different kind of bonding ritual with these birds, one that was written long ago in an ancient blood pact of old magic with the Ancient of Shadows herself. It is a promise, an agreement, that we have kept to this day with her children that now work alongside us as we strive to protect all of Eldemore from imbalance and destruction."

You look up with a questioning glance. You had never heard about this strange bonding ritual before now. You feel an ominous chill as you question its exact origin, "The Ancient of Shadows? Blood bonding? I have never heard of such things, nor do I know much about the dark mistress herself. I have only heard her mentioned in legends as the keeper of secrets and shadows."

"Yes, I'm sure you have wondered how we see all, hear all, are always there but never found. It is through the forbidden ritual of blood bonding with a chosen crow that we sever a piece of our soul and connect it with a child of the shadows. Because you are to join our Order, this information can be divulged to you, however, this dark act should never be performed more than once -- after all, you only have so much of your soul to give before it breaks. The results of abusing this can ultimately befall you a Fate worse than death. A being with no soul, no matter if they're human or one of the other magical races, is only an empty husk devoid of both the right to bond or use of magic of any sort. They are pitiful creatures and terrifying all the same...you would do well to avoid becoming such a thing."

The warning both intrigues and frightens you as you try to process this new information. You had heard of blood pacts being performed between individuals in dark tales, but you had always thought they were just that, a story to scare young children and to portray what would happen if one turned to such dangerous things. Suddenly, you feel as if things are starting to fit into place as you gaze at Sorren and Muzu in realization. "Does that mean you and Muzu are also connected like this? I thought halfborns could not have a magical bond?"

"Yes, you are correct. Halfborns can not have a magical bond, but this is not wholly magic. Having a piece of your soul tethered to another being through a blood bond isn't the same, it does not require magic, only a promise and a drop of blood. It is the closest I will ever get to understanding the freedom one feels in having a pure bond with another creature. By being directly connected to Muzu through this dark art, I can see and hear everything he does. It does not make it right though -- blood pacts are forbidden for a reason since, in truth, it is a perverted form of a true magical bond, but it is one that I accepted without hesitation nonetheless. I have no regrets. Certainly you've noticed the flash of light in Muzu's eyes? That glow is the reflection of my soul within him, and it is how I was able to find you in the Ashmoors, and also keep tabs on you while you and Will were in Silverport. Crows have always been the keepers of secrets, so it makes sense that they can also harbor a sliver of one's heart within them, since they are the messengers of the Ancient of Shadows herself. However, I performed this ritual before I joined the crows oddly enough...makes you wonder if it was the dark mistress herself who gave me Muzu on that fateful day...I've always wondered, but that is beside the point."

In the blink of an eye, you are startled when Sorren draws out a short, hidden blade from his person. You immediately wondered just how long he has had that, or how many other concealed weapons he has hidden away...and where on earth he had kept them this whole time!

Sorren hands you the crow egg, gently placing it within your own palm, ignoring the perplexed look that betrayed your own inner thoughts. "A single drop is all that is needed for this to take place. Now, Sealer, do you promise to uphold our creed to 'Watch and Protect' this realm from the haven of the Shadows? To give your life at any cost, to keep the world's balance, and to also serve under the Ancient of Shadow's name as you work alongside her children of the night?" Your blood begins to pump faster as the words are spoken, there is clearly magic involved in reciting such a thing. You could feel the utterance tug at your being as it called for just a single drop to make the contract whole.

Though you were very wary at first, the responsibility of having to correct your previous wrongs weighs more heavily on your mind, as you finally submit with a single nod of acceptance, "I do." You speak clearly and can almost feel the words leap from you mouth in a binding sensation before Sorren carefully pricks your finger deeply, leading your hand to the egg, allowing a single, large drop of blood to fall to the surface of the the shell that you hold close to your heart. Immediately, you begin to feel as if a piece of you has left your being, only to be replaced with another, smaller heartbeat. You stare down at the egg in absolute wonder. This felt inherently different from the other magical bonds you had created with creatures before. You can not help but draw the fragile container of life closer in a protective embrace, as you feel the warmth begin to ebb from its once deathly cold shell.

"Welcome to the Watch Crows, Sealer. Keep your companion close, since they now hold a piece of your soul within them. They will watch over you and protect you to their dying breath, so be sure to do the same in return, and uphold the promise you made for all of Eldemore this night. Now, you must hurry up and pack. Seraphina requested you personally to meet her at the Mystic Glades in a few months time, so you best not keep her waiting. Afterall, she went to great lengths to ensure that you still breathe today. Oh, and before I forget, there is some bad news...the rest of our Order decided to have you apprenticed to both Will and myself. Now, I told them explicitly that I don't do apprentices, but they thought it was hilariously fitting since we were the only two who fought for your innocence. This is going to throw all of my previous assignments off, I hate babysitting, so you better be ready to pull your weight...literally this time. I won't be dragging you back from the Ashmoors twice."

Collecting feathers:

"Muzu accompanies you overhead as you search around the city. The lively blue-eyed crow caws over and over in what sounds like 'Find find -- Seek seek' in a playful manner. You then spot another feather for the taking. Hey, you're getting pretty good at this!"

"Muzu suddenly sits atop your head before giving you a small peck on the noggin for no reason at all. You swat him away, only to have the little bugger hop and peck again before giving a hearty caw and suddenly rolling in your hair. Aaah, get him off!!! Looks like you'll have to untangle the very weird bird from your head...which will take exactly 15 minutes"

Last edited by kiel on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
kiel

Alabaster City [Continued]

Postby kiel » Mon May 04, 2015 7:34 pm

SorrenQ+A:(Alabaster City Continued)

[Bold is player(you), and italic is Sorren]

I've been wondering, where do you keep getting all these history books for me to read? I mean, I don't mind the homework per say, but they keep popping up with no end!

"Hey, learning your history is important and you should be grateful that you have the ability to read. There are many who live alone or on the streets that can't afford that luxury."

"As for the books...well...I like to read, okay? What's with the goofy grin? Don't act so accomplished just because you know that. There's nothing wrong with liking a good book or two...or hundred or so. As embarrassing as this is to admit, I actually did not know how to read or write when I lived alone back in Silverport during my youth. I always loved to listen to others read, though. I often used to eavesdrop on the local school house there when I could, just to hear them recite history about far off places and grand events. It was like listening to someone paint a whole nother world that you could escape to when you imagined it -- I was greatly envious of those who could open a book and speak the words as if they were magic."

For a brief moment Sorren rubs the back of his neck in an almost reserved, shy manner before continuing, clearly trying his best to hide his embarrassment about his odd book collecting hobby.

"It was actually Will who sat me down and taught me how to read and write. He is surprisingly educated for all his inaccuracies with speech, but I eagerly coveted those lessons since I wanted to learn the magic to make words paint an image for me. It wasn't magic of course, but that's the mind of a child for you. It's one of the many things I owe Will for to which I can never really return the favor...alright now your grinning is just getting ridiculous. Out. Now."

It's almost been a week now, do you think my chances are good with the Watch Crows? You know, since I do admit that I enjoy living and all that?

"At least your humor has not dulled, given the circumstances. As for your chances, they could really go either way at this point. Ultimately, you have yet to see the extent of your actions, but my argument to them was that you were less like an evil cohort and more like an oblivious, fumbling child who was swayed by Oblivion's dark influence and who also did not know when to stop touching things."

"From what I saw at the Ashmoors, your actions were unintentional, but the Watch Crows have a right to be wary of you. It is not necessarily you yourself that they do not trust, in fact it is painfully obvious after just observing you for one week that you are no dark mastermind. Rather they are greatly concerned as to why Oblivion let you live. Your usefulness was at an end as soon as you opened the Obsidian Gates, so why leave you now to wander freely, and potentially work against him? It just doesn't make sense."

"So the question here is not whether your intentions are good, that is plain to see, but whether Oblivion plans to do something with you that would potentially harm the world further. Now you see our dilemma and why we hesitate to take action. For your sake, I hope their decision is in your favor."

"So I've been wondering...your eyes...are you--"

"A halfborn? Yes. Half Avian and half human to be exact, since I know that is your next question. Do I know which of my parents were which? That would be a no. I grew up on the streets of Silverport with Will, so it really matters very little to me. I consider him and the Crows to be my family. Being of mixed blood only seems to upset those who discriminate against the 'half-born taboo', but honestly, I had no control over that when I was born. So I make it a point to stay out of someone's way if it bothers them.

If such a thing offends you, however, I'll be sure to keep my distance and our interactions brief. If not...well, then you would be one of the few out there who don't find issue with such trivial things. Either way, it's beside the point. What matters is that you keep your mind focused on the task at hand instead of prying into other peoples' business."

"Hey, I never got to say anything before, but wanted to thank you for getting me out of the Ashmoors. Captain Willy said you carried me all the way back to Silverport from that awful place...so, thanks! I'm grateful!"

"Don't be. I merely traveled there at the behest of Seraphina and the Crows. Oblivion is a master at wards, no human or true born race was meant to enter that place unless he willed it so, but lucky for you he did not count on halfborns existing I suppose...

What's with the face? Fine. You're welcome, feel better now? You know, your physique is incredibly deceiving. You are way heavier than you look. Had to sling you over my shoulder like a sack of rocks half the time while Muzu pecked at your face to try and wake you up. Didn't work of course, but we at least got you back in one piece. Hey, don't scowl like that. That's how Muzu greets everyone -- you should be glad he's taken such a liking to you. It usually takes him forever to warm up to new faces."

"What should I be doing again?"

"You're kidding, right? I tasked you with finding crow feathers around the city. Collect them and bring them back to me. Muzu will help I'm sure, but if you find enough I may be nice and give you something in return. There are a lot of creatures here without a home and this exercise is meant to train your eye, and hopefully train you to focus for more than just 15 minutes. So quit meandering about in here, and get back out there."

"How'd you meet Captain Willy? Were you two actually pirates?"

"Ex-pirates, don't get that confused -- and what? Will did not tell you already in his own extravagant way? Usually he loves to flourish his stories for others. He and I met on the streets of Silverport when we were young kids. You know, living off the steals we made until we joined up with a shady group that traversed the seas. We loved the adventure, the thrill of thievery and the close encounters with death and impending doom. But, well...things happened, due to disagreements on views with our group, and we split from them later on. Luckily we survived the ordeal, since you don't usually disband from a group like that without a fight, but there is no reason to go into those past tales. It's done and over with and I'd like to keep it that way.

Point is, we both were eventually found by Seraphina and her group of Mystics later on, who eventually led us to joining the Watch Crows after we finally ended our life of piracy. Will and I have been together since we were kids. You won't find a better friend to watch your back -- but don't go telling him I said that or it'll go to his head, you hear me? The guy wears a big enough hat as it is...I really can't afford to buy him another one...you'd be surprised how expensive they are."

"Can I ask how you met Muzu?"

"How I met Muzu? Well, I've always known Muzu...it's confusing, actually...when I was very young, before I met Will even, I remember being given an egg by someone I can't fully recall. A parent perhaps? A stranger? I don't know, all I do know is that Muzu has been there since the beginning for me. I understand that it may sound strange, but he and the other crows have always been like a family. It's easy to talk to the birds here since I have Avian blood in my veins, but I've always felt a special connection with crows in general. The irony, right?"

"You know, you should try to lighten up some Sorren! If you never smile your face is gonna stick like that forever."

"I can clearly see Will's influence has rubbed off on you. He tells me the same thing, but kind of hard to smile when darkness is looming over the lands becaue you opened those doors. Oh, and did I forget to mention you also unleashed a plague that chokes the magic from both the land and magical beings? Let's also not forget that a gigantic Ancient is now somewhere out there, no doubt plotting or destroying something important. Of course a lot of tension is rising between the races as well since none of this effects humans, also--"

*Oh great, I'm going to be stuck here forever now...*

"I've got to ask -- how did you get that scar on your eye?"

"Wow...you certainly don't shy away from the blunt questions, do you? I got the scar from Will. Same for him, gave the guy a few scars on his face in return. He'll no doubt say the scars just mean we are 'best buds for life' as he likes to put it, but we both got them when we first met each other and got into a dispute when we chose the same steal. Eventually we competed, got caught, fought then laughed about it later. That's all there is to it really. Doesn't mean you should go out and get your own scars. I seriously thought I lost an eye there for a while..."

*Sorren hands you a small box out of nowhere* "Huh, what's this?"

"It's called a boxed lunch. You know, that stuff you eat when you're hungry and that helps keep you alive? I've noticed you look about half dead when you come in here after searching for those feathers all night with Muzu. That, and your stomach is incredibly loud. It's important to keep your mind focused on this exercise and to build your endurance, but it's also just as important to know when to rest as well.

You may not have noticed it yourself, but I can see that all of this is weighing down on you. What's with the face again? Hey, I know how to cook! How else do you think all these creatures eat here? Some of them refuse to eat anything but the finest of foods -- they are absolutely spoiled I tell you. Now, eat and get back out there. I expect three times as many feathers from you now that you've had a good meal."

"I keep hearing a lot of people mention Seraphina's name, and so many seem to respect her in some way. What else can you tell me about her, if you don't mind?"

"It's difficult to really pinpoint the truths from the many tales told about her throughout the centuries, so it's hard to say. She is the leader of the nomadic group called the Mystics, humans with strange, violet eyes and mysterious auras, and has been for many, many years it seems...I'm sure you were able to tell she is no ordinary being though, when you spoke with her during your time in the Mystic Glades. From what I heard, she read your fate; Seraphina rarely offers such services to others. She usually just refuses to do so, but for those she does do readings for, they are often the ones you read about in history books for their great or terrible feats that seem to shape the world thereafter.

Many call her the 'Fate Weaver', and some believe she is one of the Ancients of old. There is obviously more to her than meets the eye, since the name Seraphina is depicted in various art and ancient script alongside the Seraphim dragon -- an Ancient with six wings who was said to be one of the first beings to touch these lands...it makes you wonder just who she is exactly and what her past may hold. I've always been curious myself actually, maybe one day we will learn more if she decides to tell us. However, knowing her it's bound to be cryptic or confusing. Heh, I think she actually enjoys doing that to people."

"I've been wondering, just what is it that you do exactly for the Watch Crows?"

"What does it look like? Obviously, I babysit you and hundreds of homeless creatures..."

*Sorren sighs in consent after a few long moments when it seems that you refuse to be dejected with the passive remark*

"Fine, I suppose I can go ahead and give you a bit of insight at this point, since you've been doing somewhat, moderately well at your training exercise without utterly failing. My jobs usually require me to dispose of individuals that would do the realm harm. For example, if a group of bandits is terrorizing a town, I usually strike at the heart of the matter and get rid of their leader -- you'd be surprised how easily they fear a 'demon bird' as they like to call it. Or if a capital's monarch becomes a tyrant, I am sent to quietly silence the beast before it gets out of hand. We quell wars before they begin, we keep secrets that would totally destroy a nation, or...they send their agents to fetch a curious individual who wishes to open things they shouldn't touch.

I guess if you want to give a title to my profession, it would be an assassin, so I will not try to sway you from that obvious truth. I know what I am and what it is I do, if it changes your opinion of me, I understand. However, I'm being honest with you when I say that I hope you succeed at proving your worth to the other Watch Crows. It would be a real bummer if you were the next target they asked for me to dispose of -- I mean, whose hair would Muzu have to roll in then?"

*You look inside the Aviary only to hear that Sorren is out back. You quietly go to look, and are surprised at what you see...*

"Alright, freshly picked cinnamon apples for the Sleipnir ladies with a side of daffodils -- don't you dare spit those back out missy, or you aren't getting any dessert. And for the dires, nice big slabs of sirloin stakes since you're such good boys for guarding our Sealer friend while I'm away. Hey! What did I tell you servals about hanging on me? You know I don't do hugs! I swear you guys are as bad as Fiore about wanting attention...fine, but just this once -- I don't want you becoming spoiled like the fancy slipslops over there."

You decide not to ruin the moment as you silently back away. After all, you just witnessed a rare event, Sorren actually being nice! Totally got to keep that for blackmail later on."

"I've been passing by this statue in the middle of the city, depicting a young woman with a rune dragon rising up from her arm as if to take flight. Do you know who she is? She seems important, but I'm not wholly familiar with Alabaster history."

"Hm, remind me to sit you down one of these nights so that you can learn about it. It is important to know the lore and history of all prominent capitals, regardless of your origins or inability to focus.

The statue you see in the middle of Alabaster City depicts the first human to magically bond with a creature from these lands. She was also said to be the first who learned how to channel Eldemore's ever-present magic through her, due to the unlikely aid of a small rune dragon that she secretly befriended during those dark times. It was a historic feat, since humans do not inherently posses magic in their blood like the other races and creatures. Instead, they have the remarkable ability to filter it through them with the help of a bonded magical creature or entity.

Her name was Amalthea, and it took a young child back then to teach humanity as a whole that they were more than just destructive creatures that plagued the realm. She is an icon to many, even to this day, and it is through her example that humans now work alongside the creatures of Eldemore in almost everything that they do...a trait that I am jealous of, since magical bonding is somewhat complicated for us halfborns, but Muzu and I get by just fine with our own connection.

Now let's see, I know I saw some childrens' history textbooks around here somewhere. That should be a good place to start you off. We'll give you some homework to do in your spare time when you're not searching for feathers."

"I've been noticing this a lot since I came here, but I wanted to ask you personally, is everyone truly so hateful of halfborns? You said they called you a demon bird...what exactly did you mean by that? You look perfectly normal to me."

"...Careful Sealer, with how carelessly you let your curiosity flow. A question like that is a personal one, and though I've indulged your endless inquiries so far, that one's a bit too bold, even for you,"

Sorren narrows his gaze at you sharply, like a predatory bird eyeing its prey, before seemingly deciding against whatever he was thinking, and returning to his casual mannerisms.

"However...you seem to be honestly curious about the subject, and have shown that you have an open mind about such things. Just be careful in the future who you ask about that. There is a reason people fear halfborns, not all their prejudice comes from simple spite, but not all of their hate is justified either."

"Everyone has had their own experiences, and woven their own opinions on the matter. Some people tolerate halfborns, while others go out of their way to rid the world of their existence. I can't speak for others with mixed blood, and how their lives played out, but as for myself...well, I was my own worst enemy. Growing up as a child, before I met Will, I was often confused and angry at the world. I remember how I always wanted to just 'fit in', to be like the other humans in Silverport, but it was painfully obvious that I was different whenever my emotions would get the best of me. Hurt, anger, laughter, jealousy, all these sparked the magic in my blood and would make long black feathers pierce through my skin, and wings to erupt from my back. It was painful...in my rage and desperation, I would even go so far as to rip the plumage from my arms and face -- anything to make them disappear, but only more would take their place til I looked like some monster, a demon bird, as they so fittingly dubbed me."

"After a while I simply gave up. Often I was tolerated or ignored by locals, but most of my life back then was dedicated to keeping out of sight of those who wished to be rid of me for good. My futile attempts to be like everyone around me only left me bitter and resentful of humans, and I thought that if I could not be accepted then I would just become the monster they so eagerly craved to hunt...but that was not the answer either. I did a lot of horrible things during my youth. I did not care then who I hurt, all I wanted was to make them all feel my pain and to suffer as I had. However, I know now that I was just being selfish and childish with my actions. My behavior and what I did in the past was inexcusable, but...I have yet to feel any regret...makes you wonder if I've really changed much, huh?"

"Anyways, I was slowly able to heal emotionally. I gained some restraint over my random transformations when I met Will. Since he accepted me, it made it easier to accept myself. I learned patience and understanding when we both met Seraphina after our days of piracy -- that's a whole 'nother story in and of itself, so I won't go into any more details than that. Point is, I am not telling you this just to give you insight into my past. What I felt and how I acted is how many halfborns act to this day. Their violence and anger is almost always spurred by some sort of loneliness or pitiful desperation to belong. Just remember that if you meet another halfborn, but do not forget to be cautious of them as well. The only reason I told you that part of my childhood is because you too may be subject to similar prejudices. Being the Sealer means you will face many that will blame you for what is happening to the land. Don't let them sway you from who you truly are. Don't let their words turn you into a demon as well..."

*sigh* "I think that's enough questions for one day. You should just go back to your feather collecting now."
Last edited by kiel on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiel

Anniversary 2015--Mystic Glade

Postby kiel » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:08 pm

-Mystic Glade-

Introduction:
You slowly walk into the forest clearing that you recall visiting the year before, only this time you are not lost in its maze due to the Ancient of Illusion's curse. You can't help but feel the strong presence of magic here, the flow of its living power, as you could have sworn it was gently leading you to your destination this whole time, making sure you did not lose your way, bringing you along the safest path.

Just before you stood that familiar intricate wagon that you knew belonged to the mysterious fortune teller, Seraphina. It had been quite some time since last you had seen the elderly woman that read your fate and predicted darkness and destruction, words that now made so much more sense, but you did not falter as you stepped carefully up to the caravan and pulled back the velvet curtains to reveal its owner within.

"It is good to see you again, Sealer."

Before you sits a familiar face as Seraphina smiles warmly to you in the dim light of her small wagon abode. You can't help but return the gesture as you grin broadly to the older woman, before bursting out in an excited rambling of everything that has happened since last you saw her.

"Oh my gosh, Seraphina! You were right about all that darkness in my future and stuff! I went to the Ashmoors and accidentally, more or less, released Oblivion upon the realm -- but I swear It wasn't on purpose and Sully totally tricked me! Then he set Steve on FIRE and the stump turned into a blooming phoenix of all things, but really that's not as surprising as it should be to me, but we are best buds now. Then, I woke up in Silverport and got roped into helping Captain Willy again where I eventually met the Ancient of Present in this lighthouse there, and she said something about there being more to this curse that is starting to infect everyone, and Azara of course attacked my face again and she still hates me, and then I met Sorren who keeps giving me sooooo much homework and telling me to focus, which I am completely focused by the way, and I joined the Watch Crows and there was this blood pact ritual I did with my own soulbird that went CAW-CAW and now an assassin and pirate are my mentors/father figures -- and did you know those two were a couple? Well, now we are this weird family-unit thing of awesomeness and they totally indulge my pet hoarding addiction, and I think I may have a problem? Do you think I have problem? Anyways, we have pancakes and card games and lots of training to focus and what not...but I still don't know why or how Fiore stole that wedding cake--and, and, AND, AND--"

You trail off there for a few moments more as Seraphina simply smiles and listens to all that you have to say about everything you had experienced since last you met. She was obviously amused by the many tales you had to retell, and even chuckled softly a few times to your excited rambles, before you finally took a moment to remember to breathe.

"I am glad to hear that, despite your hardships, you have made many new friends and bonds, Sealer. You carry the aura of someone who has experienced much on their journey to become something greater...quite different from the lost young traveler who wondered into these woods alone and uncertain of their fate over a year ago, hmm?"

You give the Mystic fortune teller a small, nervous laugh to this. She was right, just a year ago and you would have never thought that you would go through so much or meet so many new creatures and individuals. Despite all the terrible things that were going on due to your actions...you could not help but feel glad about it all. Well, not the whole Oblivion destroying the world thing of course, but everything else seemed like it was worth it.

However, there were so many questions you had to ask! It was Seraphina who had summoned you here, after all, and you needed to know more about Oblivion, the curse, why you were called the Sealer...but, just as you opened your mouth to unleash an onslaught of endless inquiries, you were stopped abruptly by the older woman who hurriedly interjected.

"I know you have much to ask me, Sealer. Why you were summoned here, about Oblivion, even your name that everyone now speaks with hope and desperation...but all will be answered in due time. First, I require your assistance now that you are here."

You make a mental note to yourself that Seraphina is also a mind reader as you wonder what exactly she needs your help with. Perhaps there is another demonic door holding a long lost, evil power that needs to be opened? Or perhaps she needs your help with taming a wild Ursa into submission that you would then promptly adopt and call your own! Oh, or maybe it had something to do with an Ancient curse that only you could lift! So much excitement, adventure, and--

"I need you to help me gather some herbs and various plants in the glade, if you don't mind. These old fingers of mine aren't what they used to be, and since I am always on the move, I've been very tired as of late. Would you please help me, dear?"

...Flower picking? You could have sworn you saw an amused glint to Seraphina's violet gaze as you deflate at the thought of doing what seemed to be simple chores.

"Don't worry, child. There is more to this task than just boring old flower picking. Everything is done for a reason, but if you can help me collect some things, I'd be happy to share some stories along the way...and perhaps indulge your habit of taking in homeless creatures as well."

Alright, you were now positive she was a mind reader, but you would never turn down an offer for pets and stories! My goodness...now that you think about it, you sound like an eager grandchild willing to do anything for a treat -- well, you had no shame in that!

Exit Seraphina's Caravan

Though the rest of Eldemore seems devoid of magic and life these days, the glade boasts an array of magical energy that seemingly attracts creatures of every shape and size to its edges. You wonder to yourself if perhaps Seraphina's presence has something to do with it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fiore and Muzu are here! You are ecstatic to see some familiar faces upon your arrival as the odd little blue-eyed crow greets you immediately by promptly rolling in your hair and cawing happily -- all the while Fiore gives you a cat-like grin from where she sits. Seeing them here makes you wonder what Captain Willy and Sorren are up to, which promptly then makes you feel a bit homesick for the mentors who have been looking after you like family during these dark times...that, and you seriously missed the grumpy-birdman's cooking despite all his homework on Eldemore's capitals.

However, just as you begin to feel sullen at the thought, Muzu brings a small wooden box to you with a note. You open the bento box to see the familiar contents of a delicious and healthy lunch...as well as a small bag of what appears to be homemade sea salt taffy for a treat! The note reads 'Remember to eat, and don't forget to stay focused. P.S. Will forced me to make you taffy since he seems to believe you don't get enough sugar in your diet. Be safe: Sorren & Will'

You can't help but smile to yourself at the gesture as you gently tuck the box away for later -- time to focus! But first, taffy! Mmmm~

You found a pet!

Fiore seems to be playfully pawing at something on the ground as you approach to garner a closer look. The sea serval turns to look at you sharply before proudly puffing out her chest. With cheeks fit to burst, you catch a glimpse of what appears to be a small tail thrashing madly between her jaws. Mortified, you promptly yell for her to spit the poor creature out, only to have the stubborn feline refuse. You jump to the creature's rescue, which then leads to a wild chase and a commotion of you chasing Fiore around the glade and under Serphina's wagon, while Muzu flies in circles overhead cawing loudly at the game of cat and mouse.

Finally! You get the cat to spit out its prize to reveal that it was a rune dragon she had caught all along. The poor creature seems traumatized at its ordeal and is covered in saliva from head to toe. You scoop it up and glare at Fiore, who returns your glare by sticking out her tongue angrily at you. You then do the same so that she won't have the last word...this continues on for another five minutes or so as Muzu just watches happily at what could only be described as something similar to a sibling squabble between two immature children.

Hitting the Token Limit

Fiore turns her nose up at you as you prepare to go search for more herbs. The sea serval flat out refuses to help you out anymore, suggesting that perhaps you have taken all that you need to from the forest. You feel somewhat saddened by this, you were just starting to enjoy your time spent with Fiore, Muzu and Seraphina. However, you whence suddenly as the feline climbs up your back with claws unsheathed, only to lay across your shoulders and purr loudly in your ear. Muzu follows suit and sits atop your head, before of course rolling in your hair like usual and getting tangled up with a happy caw. You smile warmly to them both for always knowing how to make you smile when you feel down.

Finale
Dolos Silhouette

You step close to the bushes as you had done for the past two days now. It seems this Trickster Ancient dubbed 'Dolos' still wished to play his game of hide-n-seek as you notice those bright green eyes flicker with laughter within the thick foliage once more -- peering at you with an invitation to come play yet again.

Expecting the usual to happen, you roll your own eyes playfully before taking another step forward, however, instead of the young Ancient disappearing with a glee-filled taunt like so many times before...

"SURPRISE!!!"

He erupts from the bushes with a deep growl!

You cry out in horrific fear as you are suddenly knocked back from the unexpectedness of it all. Your breath escapes you and your heart beats madly in your chest, trying its best not to burst from being scared half to death by what appeared to be a giant, smiling dragon fox!

A single, large black paw weighs down on your stomach as the Ancient peers down at you with that same inquisitive bright green gaze as before. He flashes you a fox-like grin, his smile a bit unnerving for a moment there, as you feel like a piece of prey caught under this creature's grasp, before suddenly he begins to laugh with a boyish-tone to his young voice.

"HAHA! I got you, Sealer! Bet you weren't expecting that, huh? I win!"

No. No you were not expecting that at all. You finally get your breath back as Dolos moves his paw off of you, only to prance and hop around the glade with child-like eagerness, his long swaying tail following close behind. It was only then you realized that this Ancient was actually quite large -- and this one was supposed to be a child? He was as big as Seraphina's caravan! And that wasn't including his slender wings or long fluffy tail.

"I've heard a lot about you, Sealer! Everyone is talking about you these days, even the Ancients. Did you really release Oblivion again? Do you really have an uncontrollable habit of collecting everything that moves? How many pets do you have now? Are there any other weird hobbies or odd things you do? Do you like to play games? Oh, how about we play--"

Dolos was talking a mile a minute as he peppered you with question after question. You were starting to see how you must have first appeared to Seraphina when you arrived, but you could not help but smile somewhat at Dolos for his youthful charm. However, you had your own questions to ask him.

"Dolos, right? Seraphina and I wanted to know why you've come here. She said you usually stayed near the Flickering Vales. Can you tell me why you are so far away from your home?"

Dolos paused mid-sentence in his interrogation of you as large prong fox-like ears laid back to give him a more meek appearance. "Oh, that...with the magic slowly fading from everywhere, and with the creatures slowly going mad from this curse, the Vales aren't safe anymore. Even the spirits there are becoming restless! And that's not good. Not good at all..."

The young Ancient shook his head back and forth solemnly at that last statement. Bright green eyes, which were once filled with glee, now only reflected fear and uncertainty. However, you had to press him for more...

"What do you mean, Dolos? What's not good? Is something bad happening there?"

Dolos looks back to you with sadness and fear to his young voice, "My magic used to help keep things calm there. I looked after the Celtic people and kept the bad spirits at bay from their villages, that's what I'm known for after all, I trick and chase away the evil spirits so they don't harm my friends."

"But there is a dark one there. He's not what he once was...not anymore. He was nice back then, but now, after the Oblivion Wars -- the magic disappearing from this realm has awoken him from his slumber...and his power is greater than mine. There was nothing I could do...so I-I ran to find help. When I felt Seraphina's strong magic nearby I knew I had to come find her! She's the most powerful of all the Ancients! Everyone knows that. She can help...right?"

It was hard to understand what exactly he was saying. You had no idea who this dark entity was that made the young Ancient so fearful. Clearly it was not Oblivion, otherwise you had a feeling that Dolos would have simply said so -- this was someone else it seemed. But then, who or what had chased the Ancient from his home? As you looked to Dolos you could not bring yourself to press him for more information as he seemed to be shaking slightly from recalling these harrowing memories. It seemed like the ordeal he suffered at the Flickering Vales had taken its toll on the young individual, but you made sure to reassure him with a steady voice.

"Don't worry, Dolos. I'm sure Seraphina can help. After all, she's helped just about everyone right? She can do anything!"

Dolos seemed gradually reverted back to his more hopeful self as you spoke those words of encouragement. A weak smile now turned into a broad fox-like grin once more before his ears and tail perked up at receiving aid.

"I knew it! I knew she'd help! Oh, but...um -- is it alright if I stay here with you guys? I promise not to jump out from the bushes again. Oh, and you and I can play some games that the Celts taught me! And I can tell you all about my home and the people there, too. Oh, and the yummy snacks they make! And all the stories, and--"

You smile warmly at how comfortable this Ancient made you feel as he reverted back to his excited, talkative self. He would certainly be welcome company in such dark times, but you knew you had much more to ask Seraphina now as your mind wondered to what Dolos had said before about the trouble brewing in the Flickering Vales.

Everywhere you turn, your actions once again set off a chain of events that only seem to be causing Eldemore to fall into more disarray and chaos. You only hope there is some way to fix this all in the end...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sealer, it is almost time for you to leave this place once again, but I have enjoyed speaking with you this past week. You allowed an old woman like myself to share her troubles with you, and for that, I can not thank you enough."

You listen to Seraphina speak with sadness in your heart. After everything you have learned you can't help but feel that you had only caused her trouble and heartache, but as you look to the fortune teller now, all you can see is kindness and mystery in those vibrant, violet eyes of hers.

"Now that you know the past, it is time to prepare and brace yourself for the future. If you are ready to tread this path, allow me to guide you to your next destination. As you recall, Dolos mentioned the Flickering Vales were in turmoil. No doubt the magic being drained from that place is causing many spirits to become restless once more. May I ask you to investigate? There is an old friend there that I fear may be suffering without your help."

There is no way you could refuse, since you were curious as well, but also you felt it was the least you could do since Seraphina herself requested your aid. You give her a small but reassuring nod to confirm your answer.

"Thank you, Sealer. I actually have something that may be of help to you while you are there. Remember the potion that you've been helping me to make? Well, it seems our efforts have paid off, and I was able to produce a few drops from the herbs you brought me. Here, keep it safe. This can heal the gravest of wounds, be they for the living or the dead...I have a feeling you may need it where you are going next."

You gingerly take the small, precious vial which barely held three drops in it's tiny glass case. Carefully you placed it on your person, before looking to Seraphina with a worried gaze. You feel somewhat reluctant to leave her presence...

"Do not worry for me, Sealer. I will be fine. I promise to do everything I can to give you enough time to prepare before we must face Oblivion again. But before that, you must start on a very long journey that will no doubt take you all across Eldemore, and beyond. Go back to where it all began for you...back where you first received your title as 'Sealer', where you did the impossible and closed a torn rift, back to the Flickering Vales."

"There, your path will start anew. You must gain the aid of the four races to prepare for the battle ahead. Elvian, Avain, Wolfkin and Humans must heal their past differences and old wounds before they can gather to fight back Oblivion and his followers. You will help be the thread that ties them all together, and this time, Fate will be rewritten to help mend all the damage of the past..."

You feel your chest tighten somewhat at all this. It seemed impossible that one individual could ever gather an army with so many who seemingly despised each other. However, for the hundredth time during your stay, Seraphina seemed to already have read your thoughts and doubts as she spoke once more with a warm smile.

"Do not fret, Sealer. You will not face this alone. No one changes the world by themselves. Rely on your friends, family, and loved ones. Take courage in the companions and bonds that you have made, for they will all be your wings and your strength when you falter in your resolve. You are not alone, Sealer. You will never truly be alone, that, I promise you."

In that moment, you could not hold back a tearful smile as you rushed to give Seraphina a swift hug. Her presence was calming and filled with warmth.

As you turn to leave and pack your things, she lets you know that she will remain here for a few more days until you are prepared to go, even offering to share tea and answer any remaining questions you may have, as you spend what time you have left with both her, Fiore and Muzu.

To be continued...
Last edited by kiel on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
kiel

Next

Return to Eldemore Discussion