As It Always Seems - Another RP Discussion Thread

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

Should I keep pushing the Plot along, Or allow more time for players to bond/get to know each other.

Keep Going, don't wait for the people to post. (More rapid Plot movement, less posts between)
25%
Keep Going, but allow users some time to post between each plot post(like I'm already doing)
75%
Pause plot, allow users to interact more (completely halt plot push)
No votes
Stall Plot, allow users to interact for a longer time (slow plot movement more)
No votes
I don't like the plot, change its course completely (Plot overhaul)
No votes
I like cheese :D (mmm cheezey)
No votes
Cheese covered cake? (Yes..no....maybe...)
No votes
The Cake is a Lie (NO ITS NOT!)
No votes

Total votes : 8

As It Always Seems - Another RP Discussion Thread

Postby Tundra » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:54 pm

This thread will be for all things related to the RP Nothing is as it Seems or NAIS for short.
Main Thread/RP
Eldelore(Must Read)
A Traveller's Guide to Eldemorian Phrases(Should Read)

(random art is random, but..semi pertains to RP XD)

Suggestions for future events are always welcome we do need stuff to happen to prompt said interactions. Please remember, all creatures must have a humanoid companion/bondee. There is to be no free lacnce creatures atm, as this RP is focused around the eldemore people not the creatures. Please, make sure you read the lore and info thread :) I know not everything is filled in yet, but for what is, we're sticking to it!

Characters and Bonds are to be posted in this thread as well, NOT on the main thread. Characters posted on the Main thread will be ignored. The Main Thread is for the RP ONLY, nothing else.

Feel free to ask questions, write up concepts or ideas for future plots, even create a character. The forms for characters and creatures are posted below for easy grab and use.

This thread is officially open to all posts!
Last edited by Tundra on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:05 am, edited 7 times in total.
Tundra

Re: Nothing Discussed is As It Seems - Related RP Discussion

Postby Tundra » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:43 am

Easy Grab Character Sheets!
(Sheets Originally Created by Commander Shepard, Credit to them for their hard work)
All Character sheets are to be posted here on the discussion thread
Double Posting to post both characters is allowed, but not prefered pls.
Characters MUST Fit the current Lore! Update accordingly as updates come in. Inform me when changes are made pls.
If you have more than one Character, each character must have its own post.
Bonds/companions must be in the same post as the character they are bonded to or companion of
Ancients/phoenix's are not allowed atm, this restriction may be lifted or specially given to certain people
Additional bonds can be obtained within the rp, and will be plot related

Humanoid

Username:
Character Name:
Race: (Human, Avian, Wolf-kin, Elvian or Half-Blood(any type))
Homeland: (Homeland must be one of the known Lands, not just a random forest etc.)
Age: (Characters can only be immortal if bonded to an Ancient, Otherwise, should be 16+ to be on their own)
Personality: (Can be as detailed as you like or only cover the major points, I understand sometimes it's hard to write it out ^^)
History: (Please, at least a basic history for the character, I will base mini plots around some characters if they have good histories i can play off of. I want Character history, not bond history here, bond history listed in the bonds page)
Appearance: (Images MUST belong to you, be free-to-use, or be done on a free base/doll maker. Anything else will be removed. Written descriptions are preferred if Image is not available. Try and give bodily detail as well, not just clothing)
Companions: (Creatures that are not Bonded, but travel with your character(Mounts, Scouts etc.). 4 max, no more than 2 of any other creature. You do not need to actually own said creature in your collection)
Bonded creatures: (Up to Three; unless half-blooded, in which case only one)

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] (Include pronouns here if you need)
[b]Race:[/b] (Human, Avian, Wolfkin, Elvian or Half-Blood(NO ANCIENTS ATM)
[b]Homeland:[/b] (Homeland must be one of the known Lands, not just a random forest etc.)
[b]Age:[/b] (Characters can only be immortal if bonded to an Ancient, Otherwise, should be 16+ to be on their own)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Can be as detailed as you like or only cover the major points, I understand sometimes it's hard to write it out ^^)
[b]History:[/b] (Please, at least a basic history for the character, I will base mini plots around some characters if they have good histories i can play off of. I want Character history, not bond history here, bond history listed in the bonds page)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Images MUST belong to you, be free-to-use, or be done on a free base/doll maker. Anything else will be removed. Written descriptions are preferred if Image is not available. Try and give bodily detail as well, not just clothing)
[b]Companions:[/b] (Creatures that are not Bonded, but travel with your character(Mounts, Scouts etc.). 4 max, no more than 2 of any other creature. You do not need to actually own said creature in your collection)
[b]Bonded creatures:[/b] (Up to Three; unless half-blooded, in which case only one)

Creature(s)/Bond(s):
(Fill out a form for each)

Name:
Species:(Phoenix, Beta Glasswork, and Ancients Are not allowed. Customs are allowed)
Personality: (Major points pls, doesn't need to be big)
Appearance: (link to on-site image, whether your own pet or in the Codex; supplement with written variations-- scars, odd markings, etc.)
History: (Perhaps how your bond and character met each other, not related to the characters history story)

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b](Phoenix, Beta Glasswork, and Ancients Are not allowed. Customs are allowed)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Major points pls, doesn't need to be big)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (link to on-site image, whether your own pet or in the Codex; supplement with written variations-- scars, odd markings, etc.)
[b]History:[/b] (Perhaps how your bond and character met each other, what's not told in the character's history story)
Last edited by Tundra on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tundra

Postby revenant » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:20 am

Marking ^-^
revenant

Postby parlaymars » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:54 pm

mark for my post c:
Find me on dA

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
parlaymars

Postby Kalo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Username: Kalo
Character Name: Tyrik “Ty” Falco
Race: Avian
Homeland: Skyrealms
Age: Looks to be around the age of 20, though he’s probably much older than that, seeing as he’s an Avian.
Personality: Sorry if this doesn’t match very well with how I play him. Personalities are tough for me to write out >.<
Tyrik adapts to his situation. When he’s uncomfortable in whatever situation he’s gotten himself into, he’s awkward and soft spoken, whereas he becomes gradually more talkative as he acclimates to wherever he is or whoever he is around. Caring and compassionate, Ty is more than willing to jump into the fray or simply lend a helping hand when he sees someone who could use it, even if this means emerging from his shell or putting himself in danger.
Despite all this, you should never mistake Tyrik Falco for someone weak or easy to push around. He can be immensely stubborn, and despite the fact that he’d much rather end a fight with peace than a sword, he’s willing to battle things out when he’s given few other options. He is a fearsome adversary when threatened.
History: Sorry, this is going to have to be pretty basic until we learn more about Avians. However, my idea was that Tyrik grew up with Avians. Being that he was of the house Falco, he was a part of the warrior caste acting as a bodyguard to a Noble. As such, he was well trained in combat. However, he never really agreed with the Avian hierarchy. He believed that people should be identified by who they were, not by title or caste. As could be expected, nobody (or very few) agreed with him. He eventually left the Skyrealms, finding the lands below much more agreeable. He’s pretty much just been wandering with his bond, Zeru, ever since, and has yet to settle down.
Appearance: I’ve been working on drawing a reference for absolutely ever, but so far to no avail. I’ll post that when I come up with one that I like at least a little bit :P
Standing at 6’7½”, Tyrik is of a fairly average height for an Avian despite being rather tall to the other races. His eyes are a dark enough brown that his pupils are barely perceptible and stand starkly apart from his lightly browned skin. The plumage covering his limbs and outer face range from a dark to slate grey and some browns, mingled among which are feathers more cream in color. His hair is similar in color, being shot through with various shades of grey and brown. It’s usually swept backward due to flying, and it’s generally pretty unkempt. If it’s not in his face, then he leaves it, for the most part. Ty’s wings resemble that of a Merlin, as do his tail feathers, which he keeps short. His falcon-like wings are narrow, built for fast and maneuverable flight, which suits him just fine. The outsides of each are the same greys and browns as the rest of his feathers, whereas the undersides are more of a cream with brown barring.
As for dress, Tyrik cares more for function than fashion. He typically keeps to his favorite jacket, attached to which are some armored pieces constrained to his shoulders, sides, and elbows. Fingerless gloves both protect his palms and allow for full usage of his black talons. He also wears a somewhat loose-fitting pair of trousers and a worn pair of boots (If Avians even wear shoes, that is. I’m not sure how bird-like their feet are). All of this is tied together by the pair of dual sword hanging at his sides from a belt. To loops of leather are attached to either of his thighs, into which he slides the swords in flight to keep them secured.
Companions: None
Bonded creatures: Zeru
————————————————————————————————
Name: Zeru
Species: Dark Natural Lion Pride Griffin
Personality: Playful, loud, mischievous, kind of pushy… He’s basically a giant feathery rambunctious puppy. With a beak. And talons. For the most part he’s incredibly friendly, although when he’s greatly angered/stressed/feeling threatened you’d best keep your distance!
Appearance:
Zeru is somewhat larger than other griffins, and also very soft and fluffy. His various small scars, which are few, are from tree branches he flew too close to while speeding through the sky -- or, you know, crashed into and obliteraed.
History: Well, I have no idea if this is actually how things work in the Avian society, but it was fun to write! Hopefully this is kind of what you were looking for, Tundra?
The small brown griffin stared at the hill on the distance as he swooped through the air. A group of Avians stood there, the younger one flanked by his parents. This was nothing unusual, of course. It was time for him to make a life changing bond with his griffin.
Of course, the little avian knew not who that would be yet. Typically it was the griffin's job to find them as they flew. Just as this boy was no doubt anxious, so was Zeru. Could this be the one? Countless avian children had flown with the griffins over the years, yet none had seemed quite right to him. But something struck Zeru about this one. He seemed... Different, somehow, than the others.
The avians he'd seen before seemed more proud, with their heads held high. They were finely groomed, with sweeping tails and wings, and their clothing was of the finest make available to their class. It was clear that this one's parents had tried to instill this behavior into him, but his shirt was wrinkled anyways, and his hair was left the way the wind had shaped it. And he looked just as anxious as Zeru was.
With a little prompting from his parents, the Avian boy let his wings carry him into the sky. He flew uneasily toward the griffins.
A smile soon came across his face as the creatures played on the wind with him, swooping and diving and making loops around him.
Zeru decided to join in. But the moment he and the Avian caught the same updraft, everything around them dissolved into nothing. It was just the two of them in the twisting breeze and rising thermals. Every glance, every sound, every twitch of the wing became like a second language that only they could understand. A strange, wonderful feeling came over Zeru, and by the look on the Avian's face he felt it too.
Together, the avian and griffin flew back to the hilltop. Zeru looked up at the Avian – Tyrik, his parents now said – nudged him,and squeaked. He knew it. He could feel it in his hollow bones.
This was his bond.
Last edited by Kalo on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trading wrote:
Looking For:
ImageBaublesImage
Missing Pets (Wishlist)
(Willing to Overpay!)

Have:
Monthly Swaps
Event Swaps
Past Event Trades
And More! Check out my trading groups!
Meet the Kalo wrote:
Hey there, I'm Kalo!
I'm a super awkward fangirl
who prefers fictional worlds
to the real one. I have a weird
penchant for giant robot
smack-downs (Transformers,
Pacific Rim, Bionicle... you get
my drift), not to mention superheroes.
You can throw Marvel or DC at me --
I love them both (but I'm
seriously way too excited for
Spiderman: Homecoming).
And while I'm usually terrible at
striking up random conversations,
I can rant about my favorite
fandoms for days on end.
Feel free to send me a PM about
anything. I'd be more than willing
to chat!
You can also find me on:
ChickenSmoothie
Charahub
PaigeeWorld
XBox (RoboSmackdown)
Currently Reading wrote:Jerk: California

Currently Watching wrote:Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Currently Listening To wrote:Various Movie and Game Scores

Currently Playing wrote:Overwatch
Destiny
Kalo

Postby SilentObserver » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:30 pm

*knocks over forum*
    o-o...
    mark c:

*rolls out*
SilentObserver

Postby Tundra » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Post now reserved for the main evil character for the first plot. This slot will constantly change based on who is the prime suspect in the section of plot in which the RP is at. Dont worry, All Plot based characters will be put here to keep them all together lol
Last edited by Tundra on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby SilentObserver » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Question

Is there an age limit on the characters?
    Like; what's the youngest age they can be?
SilentObserver

Postby Tundra » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Humanoid
Username: Tundra
Character Name: Kuar Sutrath (koo-are soo-t-wrath)
Race: Human
Homeland: Kuar grew up in the large untamed western Kingdom of Norsland, but also has Celt blood in his veins. His father was Nor, his mother Celt
Age: Appears 21, but actually is immortal due to his cursed bond to an ancient(Val). Has been around for hundreds of years.
Other: Kuar has an extremely rare and unique trait as a full blood human, Heterocromia. Kuars left eye is violet, his right light blue. This confuses many who meet him, assuming his a half-blood, but it's not the case. The strong blood of both Nor and Mystics fighting for dominance is what caused this.
How he soul sees:
Image Hope/Good/Calm
ImageEnveois/Jelousy/any of the 7 deadly sins
ImageAnger/Ferocity/Hate/Overall Bad
Image Anguish/In pain/Near Death/Already Dead
Appearance: <--
Personality: Kuar is quiet and observant. He constantly watches the lands around him and assess the situation before acting. When it comes to interaction, he will hold his breath unless his word is needed in the conversation. If he starts a conversation, he does indeed expect a reply. He finds it offensive to not reply atleast with something if you're spoken to. After bonding with Valerius, he learned just how important being able to speak can be to someone once they have lost it. Kuar often though will remain quiet even when one speaks to him until he can find something to say.
History: (I want to note, Kuar is REAL old..dating back to some of the older times before things changed. Though he wasn't alive during the Oblivion wars, it would have been around 200 years after the war that he was born.)

------------------------------Story Notes------------------------------
(These notes are here for those who want keypoints of his history, the history itself is real long and in code to not take up space.)
    Mom, Dad meet love at first sight, one thing leads to another Kuar is born
    Mom died in childbirth, Father disowned him before he was born
    Adopted by a simple medic to live life in the Western Kingdom, completely unaware of his bloodline
    ------------------------------------Eighteen years pass-----------------------------------------
    Enlisted by the nobles to accompany them on a Drake hunt
    Caravan attacked on its way to the lair by a massive territorial drake
    Kuar and 3 others survive attack, but only have 2 Sleipner left and little food
    Survives in the frigid mountains for days hunting what they can
    Attacked again by another drake, smaller but still extremely dangerous
    Kuar striking the death blow by stabbing it in the heart with a bone spear to save one of the nobles
    Harvests what they can but still are not out of danger
    Kuar finds Pyry, a small ice rune in the drake's lair
    Pyry bonds with Kuar after a few days, and helps them all back to the Stronghold
    Welcomed home with open arms, and everything returns to what it was before
    ------------------------------------almost a month passes-------------------------------------
    During that month, Kuar finds and saves Despona a sleipner from an abusive owner
    Reema bears a pygmy foal who Kuar names Reema
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kuar called before the noble families to tell his account of the attack almost a month ago
    It is decided that Kuar is to join the noble class, an emblem being made for his family and its future there
    More months pass before it is found Kuar already had the blood of a noble in his veins
    Suron is to be punished, but Kuar convinces the families otherwise, asking them to see it from Suron's shoes
    Suron is demoted, but not punished and has to re-earn his rank in his own family.
    Kuar then is told of his past, who his mother was and everything that had happened that resulted in his birth
    Kuar after five or six years decides to leave the Western Kingdom
    ---------------------------------------More months pass----------------------------------------
    Kuar makes a home with the Mystics, traveling with them
    During these travels he finds the summoning stone of The Gatekeeper Ancient
    Bonds with Valerius, a cursed pact leaving him eternally young and immortal at the age of 21
    -------------------------------------many MANY years pass-------------------------------------
    Finds Khalid in an illegal fighting ring being pit against all species from eld
    Manages to free Khalid from the ring, but Khalid doesn't immediately bond with him
    Weeks pass, Khalid tailing Kuar being afraid of everything around him except Kuar
    Finally ends up forming a bond with Kuar after almost a months time of following him
    Other minor stuff happens, scars are inflicted and wounds healed
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Present day!

A hundred and fifty years have passed since Sullivan ravaged the world with his anger and anguish. The Scars of the Oblivion war still scattered the lands. But the world was healing, and so too are the races. Humans have slowly staked their claim in the world, their small tribes and societies forming all around Eldemore. The strong nordic people of the Western Kingdom were wary when the Mystics in their travels came to their doors and stayed for some time. No one liked the Mystics, even if they were in the care of Fate. Their crimes against the world of Eld stained their bodies and soul as some would say. But, not all were like that. This is where Kuar's father Suron met Kuar's mother, Serea.

Serea was dabbling in telling a man's fate when Suron met her. Love at first sight, but against his noble class. But that didn't stop them, and soon they were sneaking off to be with each other. But it was not to last, as the moment Serea spoke of her being pregnant, Suron immediately cast her out and denied ever having an interest in her when asked. He was not about to 'taint' his family's noble name with such an indiscretion. Serea devastated would have left immediately if the storms hadn't kept her, and other mystics in the keep. This lasted months, and by the time they could leave, she was too far into term to follow. Some Mystics remained with her, but the others left in their usual manner, without a trace they were ever there. Serea died in childbirth, leaving Kuar alone without anyone except the medic who had tried to save Serea. Saddened by the death, the medic took Kuar in and raised him without even knowing his true bloodline.

Years past, Kuar grew to respect those around him and be glad for what he has. He helps those in need and constantly observant of the world around him. He fights for the weak and also defends the strong, voicing his opinion only when asked or needed. It was these traits that caught notice of some of the nobles. Kuar himself had dabbled in quite a few trades in his years, several years within a medical field helping his father. He knew how to tend slipher, navigate and track.

Companions: Despona(Des-po-na) and Remna(Rem-na) a Sleipner and her foal he saved from an abusive situation back in the Nors. She has since stayed with him and carried him on his journeys. Her foal ended up pygmy and remains close to her mother's side at all times.
Bonded creatures: Pyry Winterwing (Pie-rye winter-wing), Khalid Adir (Caw-lid) (Ah-deer) and Valerius(The Gatekeeper ancient)

Creature:
Name: Pyry Winterwing
Species: Ice Rune Dragon(custom)
Personality: playful, insightful, curious, loving, Loyal to Kuar only, holds grudges,
Appearance: Image
Pyry actually has a small scar on the eye facing you, but this is my choice not his official look
Other: Pyry was Kuars first bonded creature, which gave him his magic.

Creature:
Name: Khalid Adeer
Species: Griffin
Personality: Khalid is helpful, and a quick thinker. He is also protective of his keeper, and will die for him if it came down to it. His mind though, is a trouble one, having lost his parents as a youngling and battled in an arena for show. If you happen to catch him out of a bad dream, he might lash out at you, his eyes hazed until he gains full consciousness.
Appearance:
has a scar on his eye and is blind in it, from a fight at a young age. Also has a lighter patch of fathers on the shoulder shaped like Valerius's Ancient mark from bonding with Kuar. He has many scars actually from his fights.
Other:
Last edited by Tundra on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:43 am, edited 7 times in total.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby Tundra » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:51 pm

For those unsure how to make their intro posts, You either just getting in the city, or arriving at the walls. Describe the area around you and potentially whom you wish to RP with. Still waiting for characters lol, Ihave to kinda have that before I can even start the RP itself.

Also! Watch the front page! It will change as teh RP prgogreses with diffrent plot points. ATM, it has the note/letter you all recived and the logo to the Golden Lion Inn where the ball itself its taking place. These will constantly change out. I will have a post lower down with previous main post info for those who join later on.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Next

Return to OOC, Character Threads, and RP Discussions